What's new

Weekly Roundup 12-19-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Guess I read your first post too quickly, Scott! I read your first post to say: "the widescreen side is single layer, fullscreen is two, though." Instead of "the fullscreen is too, though."

Sorry for the confusion.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Mike,

I would be skeptical of the PQ on LMS. My reasoning is that Napoleon Dynamite was in the same boat. The first release of ND was also double sided/single layer. For the 2 disc SE of ND they went with a single sided/double layer and ditched the fullscreen version. IMO the 2 disc had much improved PQ, less ringing and more detail.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

LMS and the new wicker man are two of the worst in terms of pq i have seen recently.

lmn was blurry and bad EE.
wicker man had ne EE that i could see but the image was blurry and had stuff moving all over the place.
mosquito noise.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
The grid says Best Buy has Walt Disney sets for $29.99 but the sale listing down further says $24.99 :confused:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
In the past Costco has had the Walt Disney Treasures releases for a good price. Is anyone planning on stopping by there Tuesday morning?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Costco will be having any kind of instant rebate for "The Simpsons" S9. I believe they did for the last couple of seasons.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Tony and Chris,

The Treasures and True Life Adventures were each $19.89 at my Costco.

Many thanks, as always, to Mike for his efforts on our behalf!

Jay

Jay*W

Second Unit
One more Costco price for everyone -- $24.09 at my Costco for the new Hogan's Heroes set and the same price for each of Gomer Pyle, USMC and the final season of The Andy Griffith Show.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Sweetness! That streamlines my trip homewards then (provided that mine has the goods too).

Thanks - to both of you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If anyone scopes out the Disney Treasures prices at BJs Wholesale Club...it would be MUCH appreciated! :D

I sure would love it if they came even CLOSE to the Costco prices! I can never even be sure they are going to show up there , though. :frowning:

James D

Second Unit
$29.89 with a $10 instant rebate taken off at the register for a total of $19.89. They only had the Lisa head though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks