What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/16 (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Arnie --

Please post if this comes through.

I just revceived notification that my Canadian issue of PopArt was shipped Tuesday. Will be curious if the US disc shows up too.

-paul

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Thank you, thank you!

Yes, that's an honor I'll gladly accept. My wife is cracking up, having just read that along with me and saying how perfectly it describes me! I must agree...that's me to a "T". :D :b

This happened to me yesterday, when I got the National Geographic: Beyond The Movie release for The Return Of The King. I'd picked it up at Best Buy for $19.99, figuring that only they and Circuit City would have it, and for the same price, so I might as well get the RewardZone points for it. Next stop was Costco to get a Dark Angel S1 as a gift for one of my wife's friends.

At Costco I saw "NG: Beyond The Movie - Return of the King" for $15.99! Yep, you guessed it...I had a Lambert Moment! :wink:

I rebought it, and the Best Buy copy goes back today, with the missus who is going there for last-minute shopping anyway! If having a "Lambert momemt" means you save 4 or more bucks without going out of your way, then - as Mr. Frezon says - I hope all of you can share in the Moment!

Thanks, Rodon!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I wasn't planning on anything this week, but after getting the $5 coupon for LXG, and then finding it at Wal-Mart for 15.88, I decided to give it a shot.

I then had to run to Best Buy to pick up Smallville S1 for my mom. I pricematched it against Target, and once again was treated like I was taking food out of the cashier's baby's mouth.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I went to Walmart yesterday with my $5 coupon and LXG was $19.88 there, so no go. Must not have felt it was a in demand item (or no one price matched it). Did get Seabiscuit (with book) for $15.88.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
What are the odds that this will be in the ROTK boxed set next year? Was there an NG special for Two Towers?
I'd think the odds are pretty good, especially if they think they can add something else to it. I don't think there was a NG special for Two Towers.

Neil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully if this disc is included in next year's RoTK Gift Set it will be a longer version (like the Tolkien disc in FoTR Gift Set) so that it won't piss off those who bought the original disc.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I actually didn't care about getting the best price until I started reading the round-up! I guess I just assumed that Best Buy generally had, if not the best, then very competitive prices on most DVDs. Now I hesistate before buying. I look for pricing errors and grab them whenever I can (MASH for $22.99 at SAM GOODY of all places!), I price match, and I'm even more patient about waiting to order a title online for less (through DDD). I learned that it's easier to be patient once you own a slew of DVDs that you haven't watched yet!

Yay me! Yay Dave!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Wal-Mart also is going to have the Seabiscuit DVD w/ a book attached. Not sure on how many there are though.
I bought Seabiscuit today (Wed) at my Walmart in West Little Rock for $15.87 with the book. BTW, the book is not some knockoff book but the best selling book that inspired the movie.

So after the Tuesday rush, they still had plenty of the Seabiscuits with book for sale today.

Rodon

Second Unit
Bets Buy refunded $8.42 to me when I brought in my SouthPark S3 receipt and the Target ad showing $32.99 for the same set.

The turned around and spent $50 on a GC for a good friend. This place takes my cash every year at this time!

Roy C.

Second Unit
Guys,

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I just went to Costco earlier today and bought LXG for $11.79, after a $6.00 instant rebate. What gives?? Could someone use the $5.00 coupon against it?

Curious...

Roy C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks