What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/9/04 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
FYI, Before Sunset is ringing up as 14.99 at Best Buy. It also shows that way now on their website. I assume the changed the price since the Roundup was completed. Great price for a great movie!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My Costco had:

o Gone with the Wind ($24.99)
o Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection ($38.99)
o W.C. Fields Comedy Collection ($38.99)

They also had a bunch of WB box sets for low low prices including the Chaplin Collection V.1, Film Noir (as mentioned by Malcolm), Hammer Horror, and Tarzan sets.

Regards,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had GONE WITH THE WIND marked at $24.44 but it rang up $21.88.

quote:My Costco had: Gone with the Wind ($24.99)

Anybody been to BJs Wholesale Club yet for GWTW? Or, any more Wal-Mart prices?

I'm getting awfully tempted.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Britney, Target has a placeholder for the Britney music DVD; it is currently listed at $15.99. I mention the word "placeholder" because the DVD is either sold out or hasn't been delivered to Target stores yet, based on my observations after visiting three local Target stores in my area.

Has anyone who's even mildly interested in Britney's DVD encountered the same thing I mentioned above? Or to put it another way--is her music DVD that popular or did Target just not get their shipment in yet?

Jay*W

Second Unit
quote:Does this mean we can get Mickey for $11.24 ($14.99 - 25%) at TRU?

John David,

I seriously doubt it. I think that the $14.99 price already reflects the 25% discount.

Jay

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Well, Walmart mileage does vary. My local store had "Gone With the Wind" for $29.99.

Steve

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Quote:

"My Costco had:

o Gone with the Wind ($24.99)

o Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection ($38.99)

o W.C. Fields Comedy Collection ($38.99)

They also had a bunch of WB box sets for low low prices including the Chaplin Collection V.1, Film Noir (as mentioned by Malcolm), Hammer Horror, and Tarzan sets.

Regards,"

My Costco in LV had the same as above, but they also had a two-fer of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset for $24.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A call to my local BJs Wholesale Club this morning tells me they've got GWTW for $24.99.
biggrin.gif

A quick run through one of my local Wal-Marts before work this morning showed the following:

GWTW - $29.44

Stepford Wives - $19.94

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas - $19.96

Pirates of the Caribbean w/ Lost Disc - $19.86

Hellboy - Director's Cut - $25.64

Shrek 2 w/ CD - $19.96

That PotC/LD price seems pretty good. But as much as I would love to see those features, I just cannot fathom re-purchasing the entire set. Hey, Buena Vista...I would have paid a little more the first time around...but I'm not going to completely re-buy the first two discs just to get the third!
furious.gif
How about selling the third separately?
rolleyes.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart! A perfect example of why YMMV at Wal-Mart.

Three of the stores located near me today report their status on GWTW:

East Greenbush - $24.xx ("had to mark 'em down yesterday from $29")

Glenmont - $29.44

Crossgate Commons - Not in stock.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
quote:That PotC/LD price seems pretty good. But as much as I would love to see those features, I just cannot fathom re-purchasing the entire set. Hey, Buena Vista...I would have paid a little more the first time around...but I'm not going to completely re-buy the first two discs just to get the third! How about selling the third separately?

I'm right there with ya Mike!

Picked up GWTW at Target and it was the last one they had. Stocker lady stated she put 25 or so on the shelf yesterday and they were all gone already.

See what happens when you price a nice 4 disc set CHEAPLY!!

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wonder if a bunch of us HTFers called Buena Vista requesting the ability to purchase just the "lost disc" if BV would.......

Nah. Fuggedaboutit.
frown.gif

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
quote:My Costco in LV had the same as above, but they also had a two-fer of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset for $24.99.

Pat,

Did you notice if Before Sunrise was in a snapper or a keepcase in the two-pack?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is probably not the right thread to be dealing with this....

...but if anyone else wants to try and make a difference with the Disney/Pirates of the Caribbean Lost Disc issue, here's what I did.

I called 1-800-72-DISNEY (which is Buena Vista's Home Video department). I spoke with a very nice lady and told her I had a question/complaint about the new PotC release. I told her I went out and purchased PotC upon its initial release and see that the film has been released again with the third "lost" disc. I told her I was disappointed that I could not find a way to purchae the "lost" disc w/o re-purchasing the initial two-disc release. She went and checked on it and said there "were no resources available to help with this". She also said she was told that sometimes with certain titles like Pulp Fiction and Pearl Harbor, companies see consumer interest and put out SEs or CEs with more features. I commented that I understand that practice (though I'm not necessarily a big fan of it--I'd rather see the releases done simultaneously) but that the packaging of the new PotC release with the original 2-disc side-by-side with the Lost disc in a thin plastic digipac page and a hunk of cardboard with cellophane around it didn't really make it look like an SE.

Anyway, that was about the gist of it, she said she would send my comments along and if enough people made their feelings known, maybe the company would react and make the disc available.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
No one has mentioned The Naked Jungle. Its a great Charlton Heston film and a great supporting bit by William Conrad, he of the deep, booming voice.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
quote:Did you notice if Before Sunrise was in a snapper or a keepcase in the two-pack?

Sorry, I didn't. They had them packed together in a cardboard sleeve with cellophane over them.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My Wal-Mart (Wilkes-Barre, PA) had GWTW marked at $29.99
thumbsdown.gif
. I grabbed a copy at Target for $24.99
thumbsup.gif
, which was the lowest price in my area. Both BB and CC were selling it for $27.99 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks