Weekly RoundUp 11-8-2005 (1 Viewer)

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Two major releases for me this week:
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers - Vol. 1
DuckTales - Vol. 1

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick for the Round-Up.

Today's (Sun 11/06) Parade, the newsmagazine included with some Sunday papers, includes a $3.00 off coupon for Christmas with the Kranks.

Coupon terms:
- Save $3 Instantly off one Christmas with the Kranks DVD
- Manufacturer's Coupon Expires 11/22/05
- Not To Be Doubled
- Coupon may not be reproduced, copied or transferred.
- Limit one coupon per purchase and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer for this product.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the prices.

Already have Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (2-disc) preordered at Amazon. But will pick up Jumanji: Deluxe Edition.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up:

Beavis And Butt-Head: Volume One
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (two disc)
The Devil's Rejects
Jay And Silent Bob Do Degrassi
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume Eight

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I dunno if I will get any dvds this week. I have enough this week to purchase Star Wars : Battlefront 2 for the PC, but at the same time I am tempted to get Charlie and the Choclate Factory two disc and Sims 2 : Night Life. As for the rest of the life, I will get Chip & Dale and Ducktales for Christmas, which I hope there is a extra for the Finnish Ducktales theme. :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, Blue Collar TV for sure. I'm down on the Beavis & Butt-Head DVD because I don't like some of the edits made to the cartoons, Mike Judge's approval or no.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm so over B&M pricing on 2 disc sets. Rather than benefiting their bottom line, I wonder if it's driving more people back to online vendors.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Also,
who knows the difference between the New Big Fish & Edward Scissorhands editions and the existing ones?

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
"Big Fish" comes with a book, and "Edward Scissorhands" a spiffy new slipcover! So, same movies, just extra crap in a pathetic "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" cash-in.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Definites:
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Deluxe
The Devil's Rejects UR

A bunch more maybes.
Thanks

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Just MST3K this week. I'm sure there will be a better version of "...Chocolate Factory" someday. The extras sound pretty thin on the 2-disc for whatever reason.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Also a "collector's booklet", 5 "collector's photographs" and a "collector's poster". Woo hoo. Yeah, THAT'S worth $30 extra bucks... Thanks, Koch Lorber!! :rolleyes

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think it has anything to do with what "people are willing to pay," but entirely about what other chains they have to compete with in a given market.

If you have limited competition in a given market, why give your stuff away? It doesn't make sense to sell for $14.99 in one area where you compete with Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart, then for the same $14.99 somewhere else where the only area competitor may be a Kmart store. In that case, why not sell for $19.99?

Supermarket chains produce dozens of variations of their ads every week for this same reason.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
Ugetsu Monogatari?

Are you kidding me? Available at last? What a sweet week...

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
There is a $3.00 off coupon for "Christmas with Kranks"(DVD) in my Sunday News Paper. It's in the seperate mainstream News section that is usually in most Newspapers (it's only available in the Sunday Paper). Our newspaper verion is titled "US News". Anyway, it's an official coupon with a full advertisement about the movie. So, that would make the movie $13.99 if one used the lowest price (Best Buy).

Dillon*G

Second Unit
If anyone has the $3.00 off coupon for CWTK could you please scan it and post it. It would be greatly appreciated.

If this is against the rules I apologize.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Great big dose of nothing for me this week.

Thanks for the RoundUp as always!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual.

Another heavy week, and a couple of films I've been waiting for for a long time. Most notably Christmas in Connecticut. Finally.

Christmas in Connecticut
Boys Town
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
The Partridge Family

I was on the fence about the 1938 Christmas Carol (I like it, but not as much as the 51 version), but it looks like I'll be getting the Warner Bros. Collection anyway, so that'll be in there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks