What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-6-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'll never understand when Best Buy does this.

Sometimes it seems to to happen in advance of an advertised sale.

I remember a couple of months ago, the first season or two of Boston Legal went on sale for $24.99...but "noone knew." Much like this time, a reader here told us about it. Then, IIRC, I think it became part of an advertised sale later.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

Bought this yesterday. It's a 20 minute disc with the various Tek Jenson cartoons from the show.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Apparently, the bonus disc is just a "best of" of the blooper reels that have appeared on the previous Seinfeld sets. Not sure if there's any new-to-DVD material on it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I've seen various seasons of The Wire at Costco for $21.99 apiece. Sometimes they have 'em and sometimes they don't.

Mary_P

Second Unit

Bob, the Deep Discount sale is due to start any minute (actually, someone reported that it already had started). Their regular price on the complete SFU is $150, less the 20% makes it $120. Sounds like a good deal to me.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It's been a long time since I've seen some of this blooper material, but my knee-jerk reaction to this "best of" disc is that a few of the scenes appear to be a bit longer than what I recall from the individual sets. We are talking slight extensions at best. FWIW, if you already have the other sets and don't get this, I don't think you're missing out on anything. BTW, there is no other content on the DVD besides the 15-18 minute (I forget the exact time) blooper reel...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's an early peek at next week's RoundUp:

For anyone interested in the new deluxe edition (2-disc gift set) of Pride and Prejudice, BestBuy.com seems to have a mis-price of $14.99 (same as regular edition). Amazon has $27.99 and Circuitcity.com has $29.99.

My family and I watched the regular edition recently and thought it was quite well done (if you are into Jane Austen ;) ). :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks