What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-4-2008 (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
According to a thread in the dvdtalk forum, someone mentioned that these lunchboxes will be appearing in this Sunday's BB sales flyer. Still no details or photos of what's inside them or how they're packaged. The curious thing is that the tin lunchbox sets are priced somewhat cheaper on BB's Web site than the regular, non-lunchbox edition.

Tony, I wish I could tell you if these will be available via Amazon. Better men (and insiders) than I can provide that answer. But it seems BB is getting really aggressive in this "exclusivity" (for better or worse). First Guns N Roses. Now Sony lunchboxes.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Jeff,I guess time will tell.Im hoping these will be available, because there have been some best buy exclusives, that later became available everywhere.Warner horror titles come to mind.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tony: I'm not speaking for anyone here...but if someone ever found the Silver Spoons lunchbox at their local BB...would you be interested in making arrangements to pay for the set and the cost of shipping it to you, etc.? There might be someone who could help you out.

I figure I'd start the discussion if you were interested.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Mike,while that is a nice suggestion,I dont want to put anyone to go to all that trouble.Because lets not forget, im overseas.Ill just wait it out, and hope someday there available widely.But thanks for the thought .

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I seem to recall that one of the Target packaging exclusives (Transformers comes to mind, but I may be mistaken) ended up being the same as the HMV.UK exclusive packaging. Although with US TV shows it may be a bit risky to expect the same thing to happen.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's not a knock against The Final Countdown.

It's just that, to me, it seems like a title that will probably end up being a less-than-mediocre seller and probably end up in some pretty good sales.

Users who are viewing this thread