What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: I was actually hoping you'd know. So he's just a run-of-the-mill standup comic, eh? Live and learn. Just surprised that BB, CC & Target all featured his DVD this week like it's a big deal...meanwhile, BB & Target neglected to even mention St. Elsewhere: S1 in their ads. :frowning:

As Scott so aptly put it...back to the bargains! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just noticed a great deal on "St. Elsewhere" at Barnes & Noble (bn.com) - it's 40% off, or $23.98. If you're a B&N member, the price is $21.58!

Not sure if the price holds in-store or not.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Sounds like the Ultimate Superman collection is a bit hard to find (it is a great deal).

Not too surprised, since I got the last (and badly dented) copy at my CC.

Called the disc exchange number and finally got though (for some reason they want to call me back, even though I gave them all my info).

Decided to open the set now (even though it's gift) because 14 discs pose a high risk of disc damage.

I've got one or two discs with minor issues and one disc that looks like it might be bad (major abrasion that isn't responding to cleaning).

Getting a 100% clean 14 disc set with today's QA levels on a set that's not in stock is going to be challenging...

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I went with the Ultimate Supes set in the end. Glad I did mainly because after watching the Donner cut of S2 I had to see the Lester cut to see how it was all reedited and to refresh my memory of how some scenes originally played out.

-paul

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone know the story on what happened with "My Super Ex-Girlfriend".

During the Thanksgiving Weekend I still saw it listed as being released on Nov. 28. Sign at my local BB store, also online at BB, Netflix and Amazon.

I went to look for it yesterday and now they say it's not coming out until Dec. 19.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Target has the first seasons of "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeanne" for $19.99 :laugh: "Smallville" is back up to $44.99 so if you missed that one better luck next time! :)

JackKay

Second Unit
Ouch! Can't say I like the Duel Format on the Superman Returns HD-DVD. Just got the 360 add-on and I don't want to pay so much. Wish they would give us an option. Here I was going to start buying just HD-DVD's and they jack the price up. Phooey, I will rent it in SD until the price comes down.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I was quoting the price at "Tarzhee" I havn't been to Costco, Wally World or any other stores, but they may still have it at the Bargain price! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks