What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/18 (1 Viewer)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Bad news on the Blockfuster front... As I expected, they raised their price on the Two Towers 4 disc set. But they raised it to a whopping $34.99. Glad I prepaid when I did, but luckily they also price match.
The nearest local Blockbuster told me Monday that 1) they had "some" copies (meaning "not many") ready to put on the shelves for sale on Tuesday and 2) they would be selling them for $29.99. If they had the best price in town, it might be worth a trip, but given their location, even if they price match, it is easier for me to just go to one of the other stores that has it on sale for less and buy it there.

Burke

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well as usual my WM is all over the place.

TR2 - $15.44
Sinbad - $15.44 (doesn't ring up that way but the signs are all over the place for that price)
TTT:EE - $27.83 :thumbsdown: -- I had them at least PM to BB for $24.99 but I was truly hoping for less.

Greg

willyh

Agent
Deepdiscountdvd.com has the TTT:EE for 24.89 shipped. Cheapest price I found for total price, but will probably take a week to receive it.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

Bestbuy will give you $5 off if you buy these two titles together.

making the price $14.99 and $24.99.

$39.98 vs. $43.27 B4 pricematch of TT EE. $40.43 after match.

So Bestbuy would be cheaper if you are buying both, Also you get your points if you are a rewards member.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Thought I would pass on, that the Santa Clause 2 DVD at Circuit City at least (should be all stores) has a $6.50 voucher in it for the Haunted Mansion coming out. I was going to go see that anyways, so that just got me in free to a matinee. There is a sticker on the front telling you it's inside.

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Here were the prices at my local BJ's club

Two Towers Gift set $47.99

Once Upon a Time in the West $13.99

John_F

Stunt Coordinator
At my Sam's (Manchester, CT), TT is 24.97 and Sinbad is 18.47.

Regards,
John Flegert

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I picked up TT:EE for $23.75 and DMB The Central Park Concert for $13.98 at my local Walmart. They had Central Park listed for $19.99. I asked about the price, the cashier checked the ads he had at the register and matched Target. This is the first time this has happened to me (and the first time I have bought DVDs at Walmart since moving to Des Moines from DC).

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Bestbuy will give you $5 off if you buy these two titles together.

making the price $14.99 and $24.99.

$39.98 vs. $43.27 B4 pricematch of TT EE. $40.43 after match.

So Bestbuy would be cheaper if you are buying both, Also you get your points if you are a rewards member.
Well I did buy both and yes BB would be cheaper if I hadn't pricematched to BB's price on TTT:EE. They wouldn't give me the extra $5 off though.

So I paid $24.99 for TTT, $15.44 for Sinbad and I didn't have to drive 25 minutes to get to BB.

Greg

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
picked up two towers but couldn't find once upon a time in the west at Best Buy,Target, or Wal-mart.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Re: Frank & Ollie

No copies at my local BestBuy or Circuit City. One copy on hand at my local Borders. It is now on "hold" for me. :D $23.99 before coupon.

Lots of confusion at each of the three stores when I called. BB & CC explaining that the release date was, indeed, November 18 and that they did not understand why they had no copies today. The clerk at Borders said he showed the release date as October 14 and had one in stock.

My contacts at The Disney Store were furious when I inquired with them about this title. Their complaint is that the WDC never releases the lesser-titles to their own store on a timely basis (if at all)....AND, doesn't even let them know the title has been released. In other words, the Disney-DVD-hungry manager at my local TDS didn't even know the title was being released today (or October 14) and checked with the store to find out they weren't going to be getting any. They also say it makes them look dumb that their customers come in and know more about what's going on with their product than they do.

This particular manager was also complaining that the local Disney store still hasn't seen any copies of 20k Leagues. Go figure.

Alex S

Second Unit
picked up two towers but couldn't find once upon a time in the west at Best Buy,Target, or Wal-mart.
I really had to look hard to find it at Best Buy.
It wasn't in the New Release section or in the Action section (Westerns are supposed to be in this section).
They had about 10 of them in the Drama section.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
My Media Play (went last night at midnight) had both Space Ghost: C2C and Aqua Teen Hunger Force for only 22.99 apiece. Which was awesome.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
TTT:EE - $27.83 :thumbsdown: -- I had them at least PM to BB for $24.99 but I was truly hoping for less.
Same story here at my Walmart in San Antonio. Was really expecting it to be less than $24.99 and was suprised to find it priced at $27.83. I ended up picking up my copy at Target for $24.99.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I had to do some figuring out at Best Buy as well. Once Upon a Time in the West was in Drama instead of Action; Space Ghost was in TV (which is where it should be) while Aqua Teen Hunger Force was in Comedy.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I got TTT EE and Sinbad at BB, PM the TTT EE to WM price of $22.96 and also got the extra $5 for buying both.

I alse Got the SC 2 and Tomb Raider 2 with CC price match to $15.99. I also found Once upon a time in the west in the drama section.

I also used a couple of the rewards certs fo an extra $10 off.

$74.92 + tax for the 5 titles. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And my hate affair with Best Buy grows week by week. It took the "runner" for the clerk over 5 minutes to make twenty $1 bills out of a $20 bill for change. If the clerk hadn't closed his drawer, I would have just had him void the sale and I would have walked away. Grr....

I was buying a Best of Leanne Rimes CD that I would have bought from Circuit City, but they hadn't gotten around to putting out the new releases (the place looks like shambles on Tuesday with boxes of DVDs/CDs all over the place and looking very disorganized).

I did pick up TTT:EE at Costco, and the Christmas Story: SE with Ralphie Bobble-head figure at Target.

James D

Second Unit
Tomb Raider 2 is $17.59 at Costco with a $5 rebate attached to the receipt.:emoji_thumbsup: Costco will let you fill out the rebate online so that you'll get the $5 quicker and you'll save on the cost of a stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks