What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/18 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For all the Beatles lovers out there, this is the release week for "Let It Be Naked", the de-Spectorized version of the Let It Be album.

A quick glance shows $11.99 at Best Buy & Circuit City, $12.98 at Target and Amazon.

I can see myself forgetting about this while I'm out picking up my TTT:EE and Frank & Ollie SE!

I cannot believe I did not know Frank & Ollie was coming out (at all let alone this week, Dave!). I've been waiting for this for a long time. Another VHS to retire! :D This will have to take care of my Disney fix needs until the Treasures release in May. (And, 1.85:1 !!!)

Tomb Raider 2? Maybe.

Thanks, Dave!!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Glad to help! Honestly, I stumbled across the Frank & Ollie info at Disney's press site a few days ago, just mixed into the list of upcoming releases with no fanfare whatsoever. Amazing lack of foresite there...Disneyphiles everywhere want this on DVD!!!!

On a separate note, just to mention this: The LotR:TTT mail-in rebate that I mentioned in the Roundup...I think that the link I provided is the ONLY way to print off the rebate form. I don't think the rebate will be mentioned in the boxes. So if you want the rebate, use that link!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
The DFW area Fry's ad has TTT:EE at $23.99, and the FOTR: EE at $22.99.
Just TTT:EE this week. Once Upon a Time in the West goes on the Christmas list.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The Two Towers: EE and The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection for me this week. Good grief, I just realized X2 is next week...my poor, already empty wallet.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm glad I am getting The West Wing for $35 shipped from Amazon (STL). The only other title I'm getting is Pretty Baby which DVD Planet had for the amazing low price of $6.99!

Surprisingly that is all for this week. I am paring down my purchases since I just remodeled my kitchen and am in debt to my eyeballs!

12/2 is going to be a huge release week for me though.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
If you have a Hastings near you, they have a great deal. In their Sunday flyer it has a deal for TTT:EE for $29.99. However, if you trade in the theatrical TTT, you get $10 off bringing it to $19.99. I was planning trading in the theatrical version anyway, so this is a great deal.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Wow, expensive week for me. Because I am a cheap sob I've waited long enough for "A Christmas Story SE" so I'll be heading off to Target today for that. I'll be picking up "The Two Towers EE" from Walmart tomorrow and "Once Upon A Time In The West" should be arriving today from Deepdiscountdvd. Cha ching $$$$$$$$$.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks again Dave!!

Ultimate Ric Flair (ordered from DDD 2 weeks ago), TTT:EE, Sinbad, TR2, & WW Season 1 (ordered from Amazon on STL -- $35!!). Uggh another pricey week but oddly enough seems like a bargain week considering what I am getting and the pricing :) .

Next X2 and that's it (thank goodness)!!

Greg

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave and also to Patrick for filling in the BB & CC deals.

Just LOTR:TTT and OnceUpon for me.

(heads => gift set, tails => 4disc...)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Another deal that hasn't been mentioned that was in the Best Buy flyer.

Get $20 off "Simpsons: Season 3" when buying the game Simpsons: Hit And Run. The game sells for $25 this week, so not a bad deal...

Jason

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Bad news on the Blockfuster front... As I expected, they raised their price on the Two Towers 4 disc set. But they raised it to a whopping $34.99. Glad I prepaid when I did, but luckily they also price match.

Jimmy!

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Get $20 off "Simpsons: Season 3" when buying the game Simpsons: Hit And Run. The game sells for $25 this week, so not a bad deal...
Just a reminder, this is for the PC version of the game. All console versions will be $39.99 and apparently not eligible for the deal.

mike.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just a reminder, this is for the PC version of the game. All console versions will be $39.99 and apparently not eligible for the deal.
You are correct, I did not notice that. Doesn't matter, since I'm getting the PC version. :D

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks