Weekly Roundup 11-16-2010

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Links to the HTF Blu-ray reviews of Avatar and World at War have been added to the OP.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John

That's right Mike. I got seasons 1-5 of Weeds and 1-3 of Mad Men on BR for $65 total plus tax. You probably know that Ultimate has regional sales, so just because they have that offer here in Colorado doesn't mean it is everywhere. I am pretty sure it is a two day sale too. I went at 6 PM (they close at 7) and they still had a few copies of everything.

BTW, at our store, there was ZERO signage on this sale as well as about 100 BR movies for $7.95 each. When I asked, the guy handed me a list of the sale movies.

3. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Thanks for the Roundup!! Looks like some really good titles shipping out this week.

4. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  6. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    If It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Very Sunny Christmas is a reissue of the same Blu-ray disc released this time last year, the review for it is here.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Links to the HTF Blu-ray reviews of Sondheim! The Birthday Concert and Twilight Zone: Season 2 have been added to the OP.

8. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Tell me about it (using coupon at BB)--one BB store refused to accept my legit manufacturer's coupon because it wasn't an "original"...w/ their definition of "original" meaning that it had to be in color--what a load of cr@p! I asked the cashier as to what happens if the customer didn't have access to a color printer...she essentially said "too bad." She said that they would only accept "color" coupons because it was easy for someone to mass-produce "black and white" coupons; I then asked her what's to prevent someone from trying to redeem a copied color coupon and how would you be able to tell if a colored coupon was an original or a copy? Needless to say, she had that dumbfounded look that people have when they can't come up with a good counterargument to your witty response...

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I was fortunate to be near a Target today and got to pick up the Avatar Special Edition BR, took advantage of the extra $3 off to pick up Wolverine BR, and also got Cats & Dogs 2 BR.

Huge deal on that Avatar set. The shelf tag shows their everyday price will be $39.99.

11. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Jason you were right. I had no problem gettin BB to match their online price, I just showed them their site on my phone. They had no problem taking the $10 Disney coupon either. I almost picked up Last Airbender 3D, but then I thought I should do a bit of research first. From what I have read the 3D in the theater was aweful and the 3D BD has NO extras. I think I will be better off with the BD/DVD combo for $22.99

12. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Good deal, Adam. The people at those two BB's are usually on the ball and very very gracious for people like us who use price matching and coupons.

13. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Maybe you two could export some of that Pacific NW BB hospitality to the East Coast.

14. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Mike, the flip side to that is you ending up in the Pacific Northwest to experience the hospitality yourself. And we'd be able to finally meet the legend-ary Mike Frezon!

15. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

A legend in my own mind, perhaps...

16. terry deto

terry deto Stunt Coordinator

Terry
    found Smallville season 9 for 24.99 at target today.

17. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Just picked up the Metropolis BD for ~$25+tax locally from J&R as part of my qualifying purchases toward an essentially 10%-back J&R GC for the holiday shopping season.

Also received my preordered copy of the Avatar SE BD set yesterday from Amazon -- I made use of their extra $5-off on combined purchase w/ the Master & Commander BD (when that was ~$12.50). Had originally bought the regular edition Avatar BD off eBay a long while back, but it turned out to be a bootleg copy (for which I was reimbursed).

Gonna head on over to the nearby B&N now to see if I can score some Criterion BDs of Modern Times and maybe Night of the Hunter or perhaps some other title(s) if those are not in stock. The current B&N Criterion sale is ending this weekend, and tonight is probably my last opp to pick up anything else locally from it (for a better deal than online)...

_Man_

18. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John

Ultimate does have insane sales, especially on BR fairly often. I know I went there one day and got BRs of Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, Unforgiven, A History of Violence and a couple others for $7.50 each. You're right though, 3 seasons of Mad Men and 5 seasons of Weeds on BR for $65 is kind of hard to believe.

19. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene

20. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I'm pretty sure Colorado is as far west as UE goes.