What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-11-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David: You don't happen to remember seeing the BD of A Christmas Story at Target, do you? (along with the price)?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

I know the film well, but I don't remember seeing it in the BD section or with one of those sale signs. I don't think it was on sale, but I'm not 100% certain either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks anyway.

I was thinking since the SD version was listed in the holiday section (Buy 2 and get a $5 giftcard), they might include the BD version, too. I'll have to stop by and check it out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note that the Police concert (Certifiable) is a Best Buy exclusive. They also have it on vinyl.

The SD-DVD edition has an instant-win thing for an autographed guitar or something, but the BD doesn't. :frowning:

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
I called my local Costco and they said they would be carrying the new Disney Treasures. Their price will be $21.99 each and they are getting only 36 copies of each. YMMV.

I only want Donald and Syn, so I'll be going to Best Buy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Went to a local Target tonight. No BD version of A Christmas Story. :frowning:

The various stuff on sale WAS pretty amazing. Anyone near a Target should check out their local store this week.

I picked up Fathr Knows Best: Season 1 for $12.99. Both seasons 1 & 2 of Leave it to Beaver are also on sale for $14.99.

Way too much stuff to mention here. Lots of TV. Lots of Blu-ray.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that this 3-disc is only 2-discs of real material. The third disc is a "digital copy" that can be used to view the movie on a PC or iPod or something and might turn into a coaster in a year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Prolly Hellboy II immediately, along with Boys in the Band. Firefly is something I want, but I'll prolly wait until the end of December to see if Fox puts it on sale to coincide with Serenity on BD. I may see which other WDT BB has when I head over...I hate having an incomplete set and I found myself in receipt of these new three last week...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I decided early in the run not to be a completist about the set.

So, I skipped Davy Crockett (a show I was never really into) in Wave One and decided I would just keep up on the animated sets and the Theme Park titles.

This time out I'll be picking up Donald and maybe Annette (after all, who didn't have a crush on Annette?!?) :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm picking up all 3 this time. I really wanted to see Dr Syn anyway, but these have a very low print run and will be hard to find very quickly.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm completely unfamiliar with Dr. Syn. Wiki makes it sound interesting...but I'm not in the market right now.

You are correct that if Disney is to believed...this will be an exceptionally short run and it may create a collector's stampede to secure copies of this release. That could turn into a real problem for those people who really want to see the content.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I started watching Annette last night. This is another one of those "sleeper" titles for me. I didn't have high expectations going in, but found myself enjoying it immensely. If you are a fan, you'll definitely want to add this to your library.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I happened into another Target store tonight and took note that another of the unadvertised specials is SNL: Seasons 1 & 2 are both on sale at $17.99 apiece.

---

And, go figure, that same Target had one copy each of Annette & Dr. Syn but NOT Donald.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Target's a gold mine this week- I got one set of Lost In Space (season 2 Vol 1) and The Outer Limits (Season 1) together for $16.99 and another one with seasons 1 and 2 of Green Acres for the same price. I wanted to get season 2 of Leave It To Beaver but all the ones I've seen in the stores look beat-up and may have been re-shrinkwrapped- they don't have the red sticker on the outside like they're supposed to. Since I'm an obsessive collector I have to find one in good condition- I probably won't actually watch it til after I get a new TV, and I've heard there's a lot of defective copies of this out there so I'll have to scan it on the computer to make sure it's at least sort of OK- that's what I did with the first one.

A bunch of the 6-movie sets are on sale for around $11 too- of course all of them had at least one that I already had and didn't want to get a second copy.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I went to Best Buy on Tuesday evening to try to buy Donald and Dr. Syn with their 2 for $40 sale and they were sold out of Dr. Syn already. I then went to BJs and they had 3 or 4 Dr. Syn cases on the shelf and I bought one there as well as Donald ($21.99 each).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Neil. BJs was already going to be my next stop for Donald. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'll say it again. Anyone with a Target nearby should make a point to head there this week to see all the different stuff on sale. It's impressive.

Maybe it's also a potential positive precursor to what we might be seeing at retailers this holiday?!? Here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks