What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-9-2012 (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rz works as cash, you should be able to use both.
The BB promo is end of the month i think.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
According to the flyer's fine print Upgrade & Save should be good 'till 10-20-12 this time around. I need to go back for Aliens and "..something about Mary"...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
The upgrade thing is such a good deal these days in comparison to trading in at Amazon -- at least on the DVDs presently on my "submit" list -- providing there's something on Blu-ray that I actually want at BB, and that the resulting price still makes sense. I'm going back today to get me some Prometheus.

Another 3D Blu-ray with the best price and Barnes and Noble. Dial M for Murder is listed for $22.31 online. With tax should be just under Amazon's 24.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got the Prometheus blu-ray combo at FYE:
Sale $24.99 - $2.50 Backstage Pass discount - $5.00 mail-in rebate = $17.49.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I caved and picked up the E.T. digibook at Best Buy. I traded in a DVD for $5 off and then used a $3 Universal coupon. That combined with the $10 GC I had made it a very reasonable deal.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Not sure if this is for all retailers but the copies of Red Dawn @ my Best Buy had Hollywood Movie Money for up to $7.50 to see the remake. Using T&S brought it down to $4.99 + tax.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
With a DVD trade-up and a $5 Reward Zone, I happily took home the Prometheus 3D set for $15 plus tax.

Also happily took the E.T. digibook for $19.99 with another DVD trade-up.

A third DVD got me the There Will Be Blood Blu-ray for $5 -- which might have been a price tag error. Tag said $9.99, cash register rang it up as $14.99 or maybe even something higher, I forget. But they honored the price tag. So now my DVD of that can be a trade-up for... well, I don't know what's left there that I want!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R /t/324264/weekly-roundup-10-9-2012/60#post_3987337
I got the Prometheus blu-ray combo at FYE:
Sale $24.99 - $2.50 Backstage Pass discount - $5.00 mail-in rebate = $17.49.

Hey Malcolm...how's an FYE rebate done these days? Is there any cutting of UPC symbols any more? Or is there an extra UPC sticker on the outside of the cellophane? Or, is no UPC required?

Do they need the original receipt...or do they print up an extra receipt for you?

I was thinking of going to Best Buy and doing my first-ever Upgrade & Save and getting the Prometheus blu for $14.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A question about Upgrade & Save to all you veterans of the program.

If I walk in there tomorrow with 5 DVDs and get 5 coupons to save $5 on five Blus over $9.99...but only use two of the coupons...can I use the three other coupons at a later date (before the 10-20 expiration date of the program)?

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yep!

Just keep the receipt they give you along with the coupons! They might ask to see it on checkout. If you're hanging on to some coupons, don't let them take it till you've used them all.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
By the way, since there's not a heckuva lot that BB carries that I still want or need, here's my MO:

Put all your DVDs in the car, but only take in as many as you know you're going to use right then. If you find more Blu-rays you want, go out to the car and get more DVDs.

This prevents turning in some DVDs only to discover you're not going to use all the coupon before they expire -- in which case you've given away those DVDs for nothing. Again, that might not be necessary for a lot of people, but I found it's the safest approach for me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
A question about Upgrade & Save to all you veterans of the program.
If I walk in there tomorrow with 5 DVDs and get 5 coupons to save $5 on five Blus over $9.99...but only use two of the coupons...can I use the three other coupons at a later date (before the 10-20 expiration date of the program)?
Yes -- like Chas said keep the receipt attached. Also not all stores give actual coupons. Some stores make you trade and buy your Blurays in a single transaction at Customer Service. The number of different methods of how the program is implemented is somewhat unpredictable.
The store earlier this week had only B&W Copies of the coupon, today 2 of the stores I went to had the actual coupons and the other did the transaction off a laminated copy they had at CS.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've never had to show the reciept when using the coupon but this time, they didn't even give me a reciept. I handed the girl the discs and she handed me the coupons. I don't know if that's a lazy employee or if they don't require the reciept anymore. Something tells me that it kinda varies from location to location or employee to employee.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I take in five DVDs then go pick out what I want and go over to cs. No need to keep them in the car and go back out to get them.
If I only have three to get I trade in three and keep the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks