What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-5-2010 (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The ketchup shot!

I guess I'll have to look for the real highlights once/if I get this.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

So if I want the steelbook Beauty and the Beast it's too late?

My local Best Buy still had a few on the shelf when I was in there yesterday, so, you may want to check out a store(s) near you. I believe the only stipulation is that it is supposed to be a "pre-order" purchase (i.e. before you pick up the combo pack on Tuesday).

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

So if I want the steelbook Beauty and the Beast it's too late?

Guess it all depends if you're lucky enough to still find one at a Best Buy near you. A friend asked me to get him one, and I had to visit 4 locations to finally find one for him on Saturday. And it was the last copy at that location! Best Buy's website & the individual store's stocking systems actually said my 1st two stops on Saturday should have had the steelbooks available, but couldn't find a one in the store. Heck, the 4th store was supposed to have at least 4 in stock, but I got the last one from what I could tell. They were being sold via an endcap in the movie dept at each store, and I think the copy I got was still there only because it had gotten placed amongst the other Disney blu-ray titles on the normal stocking shelf. So, good luck on your hunt. Oh, and as Gary posted, it's supposed to be a pre-order bonus, so it'd be best to check Monday vs waiting to see if you can still get one after B&B is released.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Planet Terror BluRay at Best Buy for $9.95. I'd seen it for $12.95 a lot, but I was waiting for it to be under $10 -- and with the release of the double feature version I guess that motivated the individual releases to go under $10.

Also picked up Resident Evil part 2, also on Blu for $9.95. I know that is the bad one, and I'm only getting it as a show of support for the other parts.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think it was mentioned here somewhere, but I'm way too lazy to figure it out. Best Buy has all six Saw movies on BD for $9.99 each. I didn't see them on BB.com but there are tags on the shelf in store.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

I'm getting Beauty and the Beast BD this week. Disney Movie Rewards has a $10 off coupon valid through 10/12/2010:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/batblptw-coupon

Note that you have to be a member of DMR to print the coupon, but it's free to sign-up.

It will be interesting to see if Amazon has a significant price drop to offset the B&M $10 coupon.

I'm also getting The Karate Kid (2010) Combo Pack. Amazon has dropped their price on both BD versions. The BD only (single disc) version is now $22.99, and the BD Combo Pack (two disc) version is now $19.99.

Mike - just a heads-up that the both BD grid links point to same item: the Combo Pack version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Meyers

I'm also getting The Karate Kid (2010) Combo Pack. Amazon has dropped their price on both BD versions. The BD only (single disc) version is now $22.99, and the BD Combo Pack (two disc) version is now $19.99.

Mike - just a heads-up that the both BD grid links point to same item: the Combo Pack version.

Fixed! Thanks, Jeff. And both versions of TKK @ amazon are now listed at $19.99. Strangeness.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I figured I'd get BatB at Toys R Us since I could use the $10 DMR coupon and the $10-when-you-buy-another-Disney-BD TRU coupon, but the only two Disney BR's they have at TRU that I don't already own are James and the Giant Peach and Prince of Persia, and I don't want to spend $20 (after coupon) on either of them.

Looks like the Disney Store has it for $25 preorder and gives a $10 off your next purchase coupon that can be applied to a Toy Story 3 preorder (and you get a poster). I think I might stop at the mall after work. . .

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Glad I ordered the Karate Kid combo pack this afternoon for $19.99 from Amazon. It's back up to $22.99 but mine is being prepped for shipping and is still at the $3 lower price.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Bill Thomann
Fixed! Thanks, Jeff. And both versions of TKK @ amazon are now listed at $19.99. Strangeness.

Now the strangeness make sense: the single-disc TKK BD is $19.99 and the two-disc TKK BD is $22.99. It appears that Amazon may have had some confusion yesterday in adjusting the prices, and have now corrected it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Stopped @ Target on my way to work...they have "Human Centipede" for $16.99/$19.99 (DVD/BD). Also saw the remastered Lennon CDs for $9.99 each, or buy 2 and get a $5 Target gift card.

James_Koch

Agent
Mike,

I am positive the My Bloody Valentine 3D in the Best Buy ad is a new BD-3D edition, not the same one that came out years ago w/ the Anaglyph Green/Pink 3D glasses. I heard somewhere that this was a timed retailer exclusive for BB, that may be why it's not listed on Amazon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I am positive the My Bloody Valentine 3D in the Best Buy ad is a new BD-3D edition, not the same one that came out years ago w/ the Anaglyph Green/Pink 3D glasses. I heard somewhere that this was a timed retailer exclusive for BB, that may be why it's not listed on Amazon.

It may be a BR disc, but it's still the old anaglyph 3D technology if they're including four pairs of glasses in the case (as seen on the label at bottom right). It's been well documented that the 3D glasses required for the new 3D BR system and 3D televisions are bulky and cost over $150 per pair.

If you get $600 worth of 3D glasses with purchase of a BR disc, then that's a heck of a deal.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Grabbed Beauty & The Beast at BB today. With the $7.50 steelcase deposit and the $10 Disney coupon, I ended up paying about $8 and change for it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Probably picking up BatB BD somewhere (likely TRU w/ $10 off from a Toy Story 3 BD preorder + $10 DMR coupon). Just received my Iron Man 2 BD combo pack yesterday from the Discover Card cashback + B&N membership deal I did over the weekend (for ~$17+tax net). Maybe I'll also order Maltese Falcon BD from B&N (w/ the 10% cashback + 15% coupon) since they have it for just under $19 right now -- and I wouldn't need to order more stuff for free (express) shipping since I already have B&N membership. Other titles as yet to be determined based on actual pricing as I find them... [/url]
It may be a BR disc, but it's still the old anaglyph 3D technology if they're including four pairs of glasses in the case (as seen on the label at bottom right). It's been well documented that the 3D glasses required for the new 3D BR system and 3D televisions are bulky and cost over $150 per pair.

If you get $600 worth of 3D glasses with purchase of a BR disc, then that's a heck of a deal.

[/quote]
I don't personally care about that title, *but* if you look more carefully at the tiny BB ad image that Mike posted in the main WRU post, you will see that it looks like it's supposed to be a different BD 3D version of the title, not the one you keep mentioning as shown for Amazon.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks