What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-30-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a good week to use a bunch of Reward Zone certs....Looney Tunes, My So-Called Life....lots of good stuff.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't believe Costco jumps all over release day like other retailers. It may take a couple extra days to get the stock out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And THAT'S how we play our little game!

Thanks again to Scott for posting that info...and thanks to Marty for affirming his position that there might be others who'd want to know.

I understand that the RoundUp has evolved to the point where some people use it to check out what each week's new releases are. But, honestly, some weeks there are 500 to 600 new titles released and I have to exercise a fair amount of editorial judgment about what to include (I have often thought about cutting the number of titles back because I figure many are really superfluous). Paring back the number of titles would certainly allow me to reclaim some of my spare time.

So...bottom line. Thanks to anyone who knows about a particular title that's due to come out and doesn't find it in the RoundUp and who then looks up a couple of prices and posts it here to share with anyone! :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the walnmmart lenticular sleeve is actually very good.
it is the standard image from all the other releases but it is a smooth changing image.
each spider-man costume smoothly changes from one to the other.

nice job on this.

it is a small version of the theatrical poster appearing in the theater during the run.
if you saw it, it was the spider-man chest and a full size poster lenticular
moving image that changed from red to black costume.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Local BB had only one copy of the Three Stooges Collection, but a ton of PD releases of Disorder in the Court etc to try to fool customers with. Also only one copy of Looney Tunes Golden Collection vol. 5, though about 40 copies of the Spotlight Collection.

Now they have none. :D

All out of My So-Called Life though---I'll have to check back Friday or Saturday to see if they got any more in.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That price hike happened on release day. If you check out the Three Stooges thread, one poster was keeping track of the sales ranking of the Stooges release at amazon (it reached #27 by Tuesday!). Then, when it became clear that there were going to be stocking issues at B&Ms, a number of people (including myself) decided to consider placing amazon orders...only to find out about the $3 jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks