What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-3-2006 (1 Viewer)

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor

That's a heck of a deal on those box sets. Too bad I've got them!

Mermaid and Maltese for me this week. Thanks, guys.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. More expensive than I thought this week since I didn't realize some of these were due this week:

Lewis Black: Red, White, Screwed (didn't know this was coming out at all)
Little Mermaid
Penn/Teller: Bullsh*t: Season 3
Return to the Planet of the Apes

Thank You For Smoking will be a "when it hits the 2/$20 sales" for me.

That would be the only selling point of it for me, but since I have bought all the season sets I refuse to pay $18 for that short, when it should've been included as an extra on a season set.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

As I already said, I have the discs in-hand from a major online retailer that broke street date and Tuesday's "Apes" release is a 2-disc set of the animated "Return to the Planet of the Apes", which has never been available outside the 14-disc Ape head box set before this release. It is not the 4-disc live-action "Planet of the Apes" that has been available on DVD for five years.

Tuesday's new "Apes" release is all 13 episodes of the animated "Return To..." series in an individual 2-disc release for the first time ever.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Are you sure it's the CE version of the DVD? Because the comic that is described coming with the Target version is Giant X-Men #1 (Which I assume means a reprint of Giant Size X-Men #1). And the comic that comes with the CE version is a 100 page comic that is 3 reprints of Stan Lee's favorite X-Men stories and an all new story by Stan 'The Man' Lee. If anyone can confirm it's the CE, I'd appreciate it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Michael: Nope, I cannot confirm it's the CE. I think I put CE becasue I saw "comic book" in the DE description. I should have known better.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Thanks. If anyone manages to find out before the release date, please post the info here. I'd love to get the tin set, but I want the new Stan Lee story.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
This is the beginning of the killer weeks for me.
Little Mermaid
Forever Knight Trilogy Part 3
Stargate SG-1 Season 9

I'll take a look at X-men 3 when I'm in the store and make my decision then whether to buy it or wait for a 2-disc edition.

Also going to pickup Midsomer Murders Set 7. I likely order it online since none of the locals (BB, CC and Fye's) carry it.
MSRP $49.95
DVDEmpire $59.95 ??!!
Amazon has it for $34.99
Deepdiscount $32.49

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have the Original Mermaid, if this release was a Home run I'd pick it up, they gotta Realize with HD Formats emerging Inferior SD Releases won't get My Money. I'm holding Fast that I won't buy a New Release on a SD Format so I'll Rent X-Men 3 and Thank You for Smoking. I'm Interested in the Falcon 3 disker I'll pick that up at some point. The Way new releases show up in 3 for $30 sales I'm in no rush anymore to buy.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. I thought October 3rd was the release date for the Warner Horror Legends box set? Has the date been changed, or did I somehow miss it on the front page here?

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I didn't see it posted here in the thread but on dvdtalk I saw that borders will have maltese falcon for 19.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nice! Thanks, Josh! That might push me over the top.

What's the word on the comparison between the original disc versus this new 3-disc presentation? Better transfer?

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I'll be picking up TLM. The price is worth it for an obsessive Disney nut like me. Though I am quite disappointed in the release quality.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick for the Weekly Round-Up.

Fry's Electronics Ad Prices
(Los Angeles Area Stores & San Diego Area Stores)
New Releases
X-Men: The Last Stand - Low Price
South Park: The Hits: Volume 1 - $13.88
The Little Mermaid SE (2-Disc) - $13.99
All Titles Available Tuesday 10/03/06
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Catalog Titles
Chicken Run
Antz
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Sinbad
Prince of Egypt
$5.99 Each
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Oct 01, 2006 thru Tue, Oct 03, 2006.
Prices subject to change after Tue, Oct 03, 2006.

I'll be picking-up X-Men: The Last Stand and The Little Mermaid SE.
I might also grab Munich at CC for $9.99.

James@R

Second Unit

I also thought the original date was Oct. 3rd. Looks like next week will be a bigger week for me.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
X3 and Little Mermaid for me. I'm debating the My Little Pony. I might just get it so I can send Mike the gown. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks