What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/29 (and 11/1 for our friendly neighborhood, well..you know!) (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Just a confirmation that Spidey LE will indeed be in short supply. Sources at Columbia/Tri-Star/Sony said that they will not even have any copies for employees or at the studio store. All available copies go to retail. My local BB says they'll get 130 copies of that, 1500 WS sets and 1400 FS sets.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Prob go to Walmart on Friday to get Spidey, especially given the fact that they had the Limited Edition box out and said will be aviable on Friday
Does this mean Wal*Marts will indeed be carrying the Spider-man LE box/gift set?

Also, in regards to Best Buy, how can I find out ahead of time if a particular Best Buy will have it? I tried asking someone at the store today and they said they didn't know. But from some comments in this thread, it looks like it is possible to find out, and I'd like to know how. I'm planning on being at somewhere when they open this Friday morning, I just want to make sure that where I'm going will have it.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Does this mean Wal*Marts will indeed be carrying the Spider-man LE box/gift set?
My Wal-mart will be carrying it it. I called around and on the third or fourth try, I got a Walmart that knew what I was talking about (and I talked to the guy that personally unloaded them and said they would be out at 12:01 a.m. on Friday).

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Also, in regards to Best Buy, how can I find out ahead of time if a particular Best Buy will have it?
Go to bestbuy.com. During the checkout process (you don't have to check all the way out, though), you can check the store availability for 3 Best Buy stores (as least that's the way I have my account set up), so you have the option of marking something for in-store pickup. I never actually use the in-store pickup feature and just use it as a local store inventory checker.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Paraphrased: "1500 is a lot".
We just received 2100 widescreen copies of Spider-Man at my store, and 900 pan & scan copies on top of that.
Plus, the 130-something box sets.
Then, we have around 2500 copies of Attack of the Clones coming in next week. . .
(BTW--all of the pan & scan stuff--for the few copies that actually make it out to the floor--they all get relegated to the bottom shelf, too. . .) :)
In regards to The Santa Clause: Special Edition, we received probably twenty-five widescreens and maybe fifteen pan & scans.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
In regards to The Santa Clause: Special Edition, we received probably twenty-five widescreens and maybe fifteen pan & scans.
Was this in reference to Walmart? Just wondering because from what I could tell after visiting my local Target, Walmart, and Best Buy on Tuesday, either there weren't that many copies to begin with or most of them up were sold during the first 3-4 hours. I could not find any TSC-SE at my local Walmart, and neither the lady manning the video section register nor another employee really knew exactly where any copies could be found--heck, I had searched the usual areas where they could be--video area, front, main aisle--nothing!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not (I scanned back through and didn't see it), but Kmart sent out a special flier around here today. At the very top of the front page is their ad for Spider-Man. This flier lists the $14.87 price for the VHS only, with 19.95 listed for the DVD. They do have a $5 mail-in rebate if you buy 3 Procter & Gamble products, but it very clearly states that the $14.87 is just for the VHS. Also, the DVD shown is the p&s copy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anyone know the price for compusa yet. the add says lowest price....PERIOD.

John Stockton

Second Unit
I called CompUsa today and they said they will have Spider-Man DVD for $21.99. I will run by there tomorrow and check the price for myself, but it does not look too good. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's the Spidey part of K-Mart's regular weekly ad, as found on their website right this second. IT says $14.87 for VHS *OR* DVD...very clearly!!!:

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this was a regional flier or not. I have a feeling that they're going to have some angry people there tomorrow, regardless. I personally plan on going to Wal-Mart or Best Buy for mine (although I suspect Wal-Mart will have the lower price).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott/Dave: The K-Mart flier in today's Albany, New York papers also said $19.95 for Spidey. $14.87 VHS only.

My bet: its a mistake and they'll have both for $14.87 on Friday & Saturday.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
David--notice the graphic for the Kmart Spidey ad has "Full Screen Special Edition" on the DVD cover...what's up with dat?;)
Don't matter to me anyway since I'll probably spring for the box set!
And BTW--I probably missed it somewhere in this thread, but which B&M store is offering the Spidey box set at the lowest price?
Also--what's up with the 12:01 am talk? Is Walmart gonna open their doors at 12:01 am this Friday to sell Spidey?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with my local 24 hour Wal-Mart.
They will have Spidey for $14.44!
I was also informed that the SuperCenter WM would have both WS and FS copies, but the "Neighborhood Market" version of WM would only have the FS copies. :p) Rats, the NM version is closer, and more convenient. But, hey, the SC version is still closer than K-Mart! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks