What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/28 (What's Up, Doc?) (1 Viewer)

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I just got back from Sam's Club, and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection is just $38.24, and in my area Walmart had the Hulk for $15.87.

As always thanks for saving me money Dave.

Rob

Duncan Reno

Agent
Costco in my area has LTGC for 39.99 and if you buy SJ 2-disc SE 17.99 with it you get $20.00 off. I had already gone to one Target purchased LTGC but they did not have any of the LT free dvd's in stock with the coupon (9:00am). I had to go to another Target to swap it out and get the free dvd. My wife then called and informed me of the Costco deal. I did not feel like making another trip to return the LT discs but I had her pick up The Sopranos S4 for $64.00.
Also as a side note went to BB they show Homicide S3 coming out 11-18-03 :frowning:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Duncan,

So the $20 off was good on the LTGC set?? If so that's great SJ:SE and the LTGC for under $40, nice!!!

Looks like a costco trip is in order for me.

Thanks

Greg

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone happen to see if Costco had Coupling season two? I am going to hit there tomorrow for the Looney Tunes/Space Jam deal, and am hoping not to have to trek to CC as well. Thanks in adavance!

RafaelB

Second Unit
At Costco, I saw the Spongebob S1 set for $18.99. Yep, the box set for that little price... :D

If I liked the show, I would've gotten it.

Oh, and there were ET Gift Sets for $49.99 and a special Walt Disney Treasures Box Set (Containing the first 2 waves without the tins, only the keepcases) for $125-ish.

Rafael

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Looney Tunes Golden Collection is $39.99 at Costco; not quite the deal that Spongebob Season One was for $18.49 (THAT'S RIGHT!!!), but still worth picking up.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone been able to find any of the Director's Series (Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham)DVDs anywhere? Or better yet the box set with all 3? I'm heading out after work but I dont want to drive around to 5 different stores trying to find them.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

I went to my local Target this morning in Salem, NH, and they told me that the $15 coupon could, in fact, be used with Space Jam! I purchased the Looney Tunes Gold Collection for $45.99 and Space jam for $16.99, and they removed the $15 coupon. I also had a $2 target DVD coupon from my Entertainment Guide which they also took off the total. So I ended up spending $45.98 for both DVDs! Definitely call your local Target before dismissing the $15 coupon as ineligible with Space Jam, 'cause it worked for me!

I just wish I lived near a Costco for that great Spongebob deal! :frowning:

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, I was excited to see Bob Black's post about Looney Tunes/Space Jam at Target -- but then I saw a post over at DVDTalk that says Costco has Looney Tunes for $39.99 and Space Jam for $17.79 -- plus $20 off if you buy both! Grrr, my local Costco is always slow getting the signage out on deals like this. Anyway, I guess it'll be another lunchtime trip to Costco tomorrow!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
What is Costco's motivation for doing that? If I buy Looney tunes it costs me $39.99, but if I buy both it only costs $37.78? I have no interest in Space Jam, but it sounds like buying it is basically a $2.21 coupon.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David, thanks for the round up, hmmm. I might have to spend more time at target.

Anyway for me this week it is:
Looney Tunes Gold collection
MWC season 1
WWE Bloodbath
and a few already released titles.

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm that the Downtown San Francisco Costco has the same deals reported here for Looney Tunes 4 disc set/Space Jam combination for $37.78 and Sponge Bob Season 1 for $18.49. There is a sign on the Space Jam set up mentioning the $20 instant coupon. Sweet! However, this Costco did not have Coupling.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Duncan and others!!! I just picked up the Looney Tunes Golden Collection along with Space Jam at Costco for $37.78. What a deal!

There was no sign for the $20 off. The cashier had no idea what I was talking about when I asked her about it, but the discount came automatically when she rang both of them up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also got in on the Looney Tunes Golden Ed. and Space Jam deal. I figure Costco has decided to give me $2.21 to take 1 Space Jam DVD off their hands. :D

I picked up Hulk at Circuit City, and both seasons of Coupling at Best Buy (I'm trying to limit how much money I give to Best Buy when possible, thus the Hulk purchase at CC, but I'm not going to overspend either).

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding Looney Tunes..my Walmart ($42.65) has my Sam's beat ($42.88).

For those wanting to catch up on the Sopranos boxes, my Walmart is selling all 4 for $65 apiece. That beats Best Buy's sliding discount scale (and Sam's as well).

Of course, as we all know, Walmart mileage varies considerably :)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Sam's here was the 42.88 price, but that still beat the other places around here (wasn't worth going out of my way to check walmart on the other side of town). Course, there's nothing quite like opening the thing up and finding fingerprints and scratches on the first disc, so unfortunately for me it'll be another trip to Sam's.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I decided not to wait until tomorrow and picked up Looney Tunes and Space Jam tonight at Costco for $37.78. No signs anywhere about the $20 off, but it rang up correctly at the register. Very nice!

TimHON

Agent
Wow. I've been reading about the Costco deal for the looney tunes dvd with space jam and just got home with my dvd's a few minutes ago. Then I open them up and both have free vouchers for the new looney tunes movie. So I get both dvd's for 37 bucks and 13 free dollars worth of movie tickets to boot. Incredible. Throw in 3 discs of spongebob for 18 bucks and my Costo membership looks better every day. Plus Sopranos season 4 for 57 bucks. Time to watch some cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks