What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/28 (What's Up, Doc?) (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Also for anyone looking to take advantage of the BB deal for the Buy 2 save $10, Buy 3 save $25, Buy 4 save $40 deal which has Buffy, Angel, NYPD etc on it, I just pricematched this deal at CC with no problem.

Picked up Buffy Seasons 1-4 for $124!!!

Available Titles in the list are:

The Shield Season 1
Dark Angel Season 1
NYPD Blue Season 2
NYPD Blue Season 1 (in very small print under the pic for Season 2)
Buffy Season 2
Buffy Season 3
Buffy Season 4
Buffy Season 1 (in very small print under the pic for Season 2 and states its $29.99)
Angel Season 1
Angel Season 2
24 Season 1
24 Season 2
Die Hard 5 Star Collection (all 3 films)
Action Pack (includes --Joyride, Btrouble in Little China, Fight Club, Kiss of the Dragon, The Transporter, & Behind Enemy Lines)
Rude 'N' Crude Comedies (includes Dude Where's my Car, Office Space, Super Troopers, Shallow Hal, Freddy Got Fingered, Kung Pow)

** Perhaps on the last 2 (which are compilation packs) you could a better PM if CC had to sell you the individual titles if they didn't carry the actual "Action Pack" or "Rude 'N' Crude Comedies". A lot of effort to do it but could net you a better $$$ value.

Oh Yeah forget to add Hulk for me (I have the $10 MIR from the TV Show & some BB Fry bucks too). Definitely Space Jam and perhaps Looney Tunes it qualifies for the Target deal and I can knock off a bank on the way there, LOL!!

Thanks again Dave!

Greg

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Shockingly high price for the Looney Tunes Golden Age Collection at Best Buy. Now that they're paying dividends, I suppose they're under pressure to make even more profit.

I wonder what Looney Tunes titles are included in the Target offer? If I get the Golden collection (and I am), why would I want any of the others (unless one of the others is Space Jam, and then I would)?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for another great roundup David, this week itll be looney tunes, the hulk widescreen, and probably also get bundys season 1.:)

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Dave.

I thought I was going to finally have a week off, but then I read the review on Looney Tunes and changed my mind. And I'll be very surprised if my Sam's Club has that deal. They really suck when it comes to DVDs.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Is this SNL Dana Carvey a re-release of the previous disc? $11.99 is a good price.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave H, that might be a "yes", from what I can see. Not 100% on that, though.

Dark Shadows is in fact $43.99 at Best Buy!

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Outpost has Looney Tunes for $39.99 and Sopranos for $59.99, however their shipping fees make them a little over if you can get Amazon Share the love discount with free shipping.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Even though Farscape S2 is not listed does anyone think Costco or somebody else may carry it come tuesday ?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Are we sure Space Jam is valid in the $15 off coupon for the Looney Tunes set? Is this a Target only offer; it said the coupon was on the box? Also is the movie cash offer included on these sets regardless where bought?

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave. I'll be going to Sam's to pick up "Looney Tunes". The only other title I'll be getting this week is Volume 1 of the "Sherlock Holmes Collection" (Rathbone remasters) which is coming from an e-tailer since I didn't trust B&M to have this at reasonable prices.

I'll eventually pick up S4 of the Sopranos, but not this week. The season just wasn't that compelling on a consistent basis so I can wait to watch Ralphie go bowling. :)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Just Loony Tunes Golden and Work of Director Spike Jonze (assuming I can actually find it -- still cant find Naqoyqatsi anywhere) for me this week.

-paul

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Big week for me:

Looney Tunes Golden Collection
Sopranos Season 4
The Directors Series 3 pack
WWE: Bloodbath
Guns and Roses Use Your Illusion I and II

If anyone finds any deals on the Directors Series or WWE: Bloodbath please post them here!!!

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
If anyone's interested, Overstock.com has the LT Golden Collection for $44.44, with $1.40 shipping. There is also a $5 coupon you can get by signing up for their spam, erm, newsletter, here:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....GE=EMAILSIGNUP
Just don't use your regular email address :)
Also, it must be a new account that's created through that address.

End price comes out to $40.84.
Otherwise the best price I've seen (other than Sams, where I'm not a member) is at DDD for $45.34.

I'm guessing I won't get the set for awhile (thanks to media mail), but I've got the Indiana Jones set to keep me busy until then :)

-- Dave

willyh

Agent
Fry's has the Sopranos Season 4 advertised for $59.99 in today's paper. Sounds like this is the best we can hope for on this set. I don't quite understand why this series is so expensive compared to other boxsets. I bet they would sell a lot more if they had a more reasonable price.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dammit, I just spoke to the electronics dept. supervisor at a local Target, and she went and looked at the coupon on the Gold Collection boxes that go on the shelves tomorrow. The coupon only mentions Reality Check and Stranger Than Fiction. Space Jam is NOT part of the deal! :frowning:

So I can essentially get a free copy of one of those (assuming that the price is $14.99 each, something I neglected to ask about...if not free then it's REALLY cheap) if I buy LTGC at Target for $45.99.

Which is the best price for a lot of people anyway, unless you're getting it for $38.24 because you're a Sams member (or Costco/BJ's member; I imagine it will be a great price at those stores, too). Or you happen to have a Fry's near you and can grab it at $39.99.

Next best bet seems to be Wal-Mart, who will have it at $42.62 at my local store...many competitive Wal-Marts will have it even cheaper than that (YMMV, of course).

If you want the cheap-or-free DVDs of the webtoons (remember, these discs aren't classic LT shorts, they are made-for-the-internet tunes from the past few years and feature parodies of stuff like X-Files and Survivor/Judge Judy), then Target is the way to go.

If that doesn't interest you (it doesn't for me), better to head to Wal-Mart, or even better Fry's or a wholesale club if those are available to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks