What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-26-2010 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For me, Alien Resurrection is fairly decent until the lame ending but even with that ending, I still don't think it's half as bad as Alien 3. Everyone loves David Fincher (myself included) but his later work doesn't make Alien 3 suck any less.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

I don't say it enough. Thanks for maintaining this list week in and week out.

I am in the same boat as others. Would love to own the Alien and BTTF sets but just can't justify the expense.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That's a great price on "Who Is Harry Nilsson" at Best Buy. Unfortunately, none of the stores between here and St. Louis are stocking it, but even with shipping and tax, it's still around $5-$6 less than Amazon. This is well worth seeing, BTW. I caught a screening of it a couple of weeks ago, and despite being fairly straight-forward from a story-telling standpoint, it is an excellent documentary. Some very cool music performances, including Harry singing on Playboy After Dark. Highly recommended for any Nilsson fan!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My local Costco had plenty of copies of Alien Anthology and BTTF. Sure I went nuts and spent a bundle on them!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For anyone in the downtown Manhattan area, J&R apparently has the BTTF BD set for $42.99, instead of the higher price listed on their site. Oddly, I didn't spot any copies of the Alien Anthology BD set (during my late lunch break), but maybe that's also substantially lower than the site. If you want BTTF at that price from them, I'd recommend going w/in these next couple days since J&R has been known to adjust their release week pricing upward before the weekend. They also have the Winter's Bone BD for $17.99 (same as their site) for those interested. And they still have certain other BDs on sale, eg. Halloween horror flicks, modest Criterion sale, etc.

And while you're heading there, you might also consider dropping by the $15/20 DVD/BD vendor nearby on Fulton St to check out what's left of their modest clearance sale. They still had a few interesting titles at bargain prices when I checked yesterday, eg. Lives of Others for $5, Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus for $10, Vivre Sa Vie (Criterion) for $15.

_Man_

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Best Buy has a ton of Halloween themed BD's for 12.99 including Gremlins, all Friday the 13th movies, classic Nightmare on Elm Street, Ghost Ship, Shutter, Return to the House on Haunted Hill, The Orphange and more. The store I went into had put Shutter Island on the same display. The sign didn't specify Shutter Island (only Shutter), so it's probably a mistake.

My Alien Anthology Egg package arrived today.... was it worth $150....YES !!!! It's freaking sweet....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks