What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/21 (The Man With The Hat Is HERE!) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just an FYI: Media Play is listing Deep Space Nine Season 5 for $19.99 in their ad this week (yes, $20). I was able to get my set purchased elsewhere price matched, but word is the ad is a misprint (figure that) and MP is not honoring it. I haven't checked the actual store, but one the managers I talked to today told me they wouldn't honor the price because it was a misprint.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Its all about Indy this week. Got the Ekerd ad gonna try to pm at walmart, if not bb or cc.

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Dave,

I am getting 28 Days Later and this other DVD I can't remember the name of, you know the one with that guy who plays in Star Wars. :D

Rob

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Well it's going to be BB for me with the Indy set straight up (no Eckerd anywhere near me) and I'll try and pricematch Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle with the Target ad. On a side note - Dave, thanks so much for this service to all of us every week. I know it's a lot of work but I also want you to know that it is very much appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Indy at Best Buy.

In their circular, BB is offering The Evil Dead: The Book of the Dead for only $19.99!

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
28 Days Later and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle for me.

That's funny...I could have sworn I was getting something else too...alright I've officially overdone the Indy joke :D.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. Must be a new release level: theatrical release, straight-to-video release, and now straight-to-Wal-Mart-Bargain-Bin release.

Very disappointing opening prices on 28 Days Later. :frowning:

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Best Buy: Indiana Jones purchasers can get a free bonus DVD that consists of a 10-minute set of behind-the-scenes footage that was taken from the same source material as the behind-the-scenes footage on the box set's "4th DVD" supplement disc. Presumably this is different material than what is on the "4th DVD" supplements.
Can anyone yet confirm that the 10-minute footage is not replicated on the box set's 4th DVD? If it is, Costco is roughly the same distance for me and represents a $2 advantage (plus my 2% additional discount I get on every puchase w/my membership).

Joel

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I ordered Indy from Amazon.com with SHARE THE LOVE for only $40.. not bad at all.

SeanMc

Agent
Man what a pricey week...The new animated Batman..BattleStar Galactica..Dark Angel season 2 oh yeh and Indiana Jones

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I figure I might as well try to price-match Indiana Jones at BestBuy with the Eckerd ad. I just love jousting with a blue-shirted corporate giant. Anybody want to take any guesses about what my success will be? Malcolm? Dave?

Odysseus

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I will be busy Tuesday morning. Leave work, drive to BB for Indy and Dragonslayer. Next over to Circuit City for Battlestar Galactica and then back to work. It will be a long break. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks