What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-21-2008 (1 Viewer)

Jay*W

Second Unit
Erin,

I just spun Disc 2 of the Target-exclusive set quickly so that I could post some details on the Target-exclusive bonus features (I note that I am referring to this as Disc 2 to differentiate it from the digital copy disc, but it is actually labeled simply as "Bonus Disc", as is true of Disc 2 in the general retail versions of the DVD). Despite the extra content, there is nothing obvious on the face of the disc to differentiate it from Disc 2 of the general retail version (i.e., unlike Target's exclusive version of Disc 2 of the Sex And The City movie DVD, the disc itself does not say Target-exclusive or anything similar).

On Disc 2 from the Target set, the first page of the Bonus Features menu has the word "MORE" at the bottom. When you click "MORE", it takes you to the second page of the Bonus Features menu, where you find the following additional featurettes:

An Incredible Evolution (13:07)

The Hulk Who Wasn't There (6:10)

Creating Hulk Comic Books (7:14)

Incredible Hulk Screening in Austin, Texas (6:32)

Being Green (3:09)

Hope this helps!

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jay: Thanks for all that info on Targt's bonus Hulk content! :emoji_thumbsup:

And, Johnny: Thanks for confirming what most of us have known for a long time...that Circuit City seems to be coming more and more useless for stocking their advertised items. :thumbsdown:

As an aside, I saw single copies of each Blu Bond at my local Wal-Mart tonight for $24.96.

Has anyone confirmed the earlier report of the individual Blu Bonds @ Target for $19.99 apiece?

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent!! Thank you Jay*W!!!!
Now, about that third disc....... Just kidding!!!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Yes and can also confirm the Fry's $16.99 price here in Dallas, but neither store had these prices marked on the racks.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Your welcome. Last night, I emailed CC to complain. I guess there's a snowball's chance in H-E double toothpicks that they'll do something about it.

I hope I can get over to Target tomorrow and find me some Connery Bonds.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I found the three Connery Bonds in Blu today at Target and they were marked, or at least the shelf was, at $20. The three cost me a buck less than I would have paid at CC.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the Blu Bonds at Target for 19.99... Dang! This is what I get for not reading the Round-up all week long! Only found two of them at CC. Still want Dr. No and Thunderball!

I imagine that 19.99 sale ended yesterday! Still, how many times can I buy these movies?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Not necessarily...when I worked at Target the "Temporary Price Cut" sales (which are basically unadvertised specials, although sometimes they may be shown in the Sunday flyer) always ran from Tuesday through Monday. Some lasted just one week, others could go as long as four to six weeks. The "effective dates" are listed on a line on the bottom of the TPC or Sale sign.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Eric!

Went in yesterday and sure enough... they were still 19.99! I picked up 3 or 'em!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I gave up on CC a long time ago; the local store never has the advertised specials. It's a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks