What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/19/04 (1 Viewer)

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Last year, I remember Costco carrying Spongebob Season 1 for only 17.99. HOPEFULLY this price will come up for Season 2 as well...so everyone keep an eye out at Costco.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My gimmes this week:

Hellboy, The Invisible Man, Arrested Development

(And to those buying Van Helsing "blind" ... I'd recommend a rental first.)
thumbsdown.gif
wink.gif

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Tom and Jerry for me. I may break down and pick up some of the Universal Monster sets, too. I put Ed Wood and Arrested Development on my birthday wish, though, so purchasing would involve the risk of incurring my wife's wrath.
smile.gif

Thanks, Mike!

Regards,

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike.

Tough week for me (ie expensive)

All 3 Legacy Monster sets, Tom & Jerry (kids love this THANKS TARGET!!), Van Helsing.

Would normally be interested in the Godzilla flicks and Hellboy DC but they will simply have to wait.

Greg

terry w hodges

Auditioning
Hello

This is my Target story on the Good, the Bad and the UGLY.

I went to Target this Monday morning. I also brought my flyer. I went to a Greatland store as I thought the inventory would be larger. Went to the western section, no movies. I also checked other areas but no dvds. They did have sale signs on the $7.50 dvds but not GBU. I asked a clerk and he went to the back and got me one. I proceeded to the checkout, it rang up $19.99. I then told the clerk it was on sale for $7.50 and showed her the flyer. She then called a supervisor, she looked at the ad and told the cashier, its $7.50. Total cost was $7.99. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that Target knows it probably made a mistake but if they don't put them out and you have to ask for them, people will just say its not worth the time.

Go and get this title if you don't have it. You can't pass up on a bargain like this.

By the way, I'm in the St. Louis area. I hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great example of perseverance, Terry!
thumbsup.gif

It seems as if Target has been known to pull stock off the floor during "mistakes" like this one.

quote: I put Ed Wood and Arrested Development on my birthday wish, though, so purchasing would involve the risk of incurring my wife's wrath.

Hope your birthday is soon, Ken!
biggrin.gif

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Only the Hellboy Collector's Set (From amazon via StL) for me so far - the wife's birthday is coming up and she'll love this! :D

Probably pick up Van Helsing at Best Buy later this week.

Thanks again Mike! As always, we couldn't do it without you (well, we could, but that would be an awful lot of work for this lazy lot
wink.gif
)

-Joe

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Am I incorrect, or was John Carpenter's The Thing Special Edition supposed to be released this week as well...? Was it pushed back? Or am I just going insane...?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Am I incorrect, or was John Carpenter's The Thing Special Edition supposed to be released this week as well...? Was it pushed back? Or am I just going insane...?

Robert: I don't know if its a question of insanity on your part--or the title getting pushed back on Universal's part--but I've got the release date as October 26.
wink.gif

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I think THE THING release moved around a bit, as did DAWN OF THE DEAD, also (finally!) out 10/26. I think some folks have found them on the shelves already...

I'm pretty sure the 3 LEGACY sets will keep me occupied til then.

Thanks as always, gentlemen.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I probably should have posted this in the 10/5 Weekly Roundup post, but thought it might be just as appropriate in this week's roundup (feel free to move this to the 10/5 post if I'm wrong here), so...

The weekly ad for this week's Target (at least in my region--Northern California) shows the Friday the 13th UE collection on sale for $49.99--which IIRC is lower than what any of the major B&M stores were selling it for during its' new release week (I believe the lowest B&M price that week was $54.99).

So...you should (still) be able to PM your purchase (again), depending on how long your favorite store's pricematching period is good for--hopefully, longer than two weeks!

Speaking of how long...anyone know off the top of their head if Best Buy will allow one to PM an item that was previously PM'd at their store, assuming that such is done within the PM period?

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Anybody have any success with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly over at Target? I have this title already. I was convinced to get it by posters here in the RoundUp the week of its release. I was not disappointed.

I read on a couple of other forums that folks were having a difficult time locating copies of GBU on Target's shelves, so I avoided the trip to Target (which was 7 miles from my home) and went to Best Buy this morning for a price match. For some reason, the additional 10% of the difference couldn't be applied at the CS register, so I settled for the matched price (i.e. $7.50 + tax). Paying $6.05 (+ tax) would have been sweeter, but I'm not going to complain about this deal.
thumbsup.gif

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Ken--that's because the Best Buy additional 10% discount is applied only if you find a lower price AFTER purchasing the item; what you need to do--for future reference--is to buy the item at the BB listed price, then walk right on over to their CS/return desk--receipt and PM proof in hand--and ask the clerk to perform the 100% PM.

The cashiers at the main checkout registers will not give you the additional 10% at initial purchase no matter what you tell them...and as much as I hate to say this, they are absolutely correct in this regard as their PM policy explicitly details what is required in order to get the 110% PM guarantee.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Gimme an F..............(F)
Gimme an R..............(R)
Gimme some E.E.........(E.E)

Everybody say....HEYYYY!!!!! (Hey!)
Everybody say weeeeee!....(weeeee!)

Thank you, "Free"
Just Ed Wood for me.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
The target I checked had the Good Bad and Ugly, but it wasn't the special edition. I have to hit a different store tomorrow, I'm looking to upgrade my regular version.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
again, this is only helpful to those HTF'ers in the vicinity of a Bull Moose Music store (NH and ME) but they came through for me on Hellboy: DC ($20.25) and Ed Wood ($17.09)...these are regular prices, not just for this week, happy shopping!

-matt

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Just to add the following:

Got back from Target a little bit ago and they had
Wacky Races -- $29.99
Mummy Legacy Set -- $24.99
Creature Legacy Set -- $24.99
Invisible Man Legacy Set -- $24.99

In case anyone was interested.

And my Target had about 3-4 copies of the TGBU on the shelf but not marked at $7.50. I didn't bother with it since I got mine back when it was released for $15 anyway.

Just thought you guys might want to know.

Greg

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
quote:Robert: I don't know if its a question of insanity on your part--or the title getting pushed back on Universal's part--but I've got the release date as October 26.

Oh definitely insane I would say. Thanks, I did in fact find out after posting that it is indeed on the 26th.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Although I had hoped you were right, The Creature From The Black Lagoon is 19.99 at Best Buy, not 15.99 as stated in the Round-Up. What could possibly be the rationale behind thier Legacy Set pricing? I'm stumped...

Jimmy

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

My Target(Mount Vernon, NY) had them for $19.99 each. Picked up the Creature Legacy set.

Also got Garfield $15.99, & Hellboy DC $22.99 at Target also.

Walked across street to Best Buy for the Mummy Legacy set at $15.99-$5.00 rewards coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks