What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-18-2005 (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Sweet! Thanks Mike!

That's a helluva deal for a six disc set (even though the eps are NTSC re-encodes of PAL re-encodes of the original NTSC masters. No one can ever hear the 4% speed-up. :rolleyes:).

Still gonna get it, though.

mike.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
The Garfield Holiday DVD was released last year. I think he was just wondering why the disc/episodes wasn't also included in the primetime specials set as those were also aired in primetime.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Its batman week, and I am getting the boxset and 2 disc of batman begins.

JACOB

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mike: Thanks for translating the enigmatic Malcolm R for me! :D

I definitely don't know enough about Garfield's body of work.

I gotta admit, though, that at times that rascally Garfield can be pretty funny!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BTW...its Lifeboat and Batman Begins CE for me...

...and the big experiment of joining the 21st century and ordering DVDs over the internet! I ordered them both from amazon because of the great deal on the 2-disc Batman. Am tracking their progress. They shipped yesterday! I've read some people say the discs usually show up at their home on the release date (even with the free shipping!). That would be VERY cool! :D But, they estimate arrival on October 28. :frowning:

I've never seen either film.

Depending on how the Amazon experiment goes, I may order more of the upcoming two disc releases that way. They seem much cheaper than what the B&Ms will have!

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
Great! I can't wait to get Batman Anthology, Land of the Dead and Saw!

It's gonna be a great week!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Thanks, Mike! Yeah, what Mike said, Mike! ;)

There have been four primetime releases but for some reason, only three were included in the box set. I think Mrs. Feeny had something to do with it! :angry: ("Garfield" inside joke.)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I always try to post any new releases that were NOT in the circular by Monday night...should have them up later today.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
My copy of Cinderella didn't include the $3 coupon for Tarzan :angry: Does anyone know of another source for this coupon?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You could try the Buena Vista customer helpline. It was pretty helpful to everyone who didn't have an insert booklet or rebate form during the releases of the Desperate Housewives and Lost season sets.

[c]1-800-477-2811[/c]

Are you sure such a coupon was supposed to be included? I had missed that if its true. I DID see at BJs Wholesale Club some coupons printed on their cardboard longboxes of some Buena Vista titles which gave you $3 off the purchase of Cinderella.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H

Amazon has always been pretty fast for me (but not fast enough for Batman this week). Since your order has already shipped, my ETA would be Weds or Thurs, if not sooner. Before you know it, you'll have Tallulah Bankhead 'going commando' in your living room!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Tim: You can be sure I'll let y'all know! ;)

Patrick.C: Report back on how it went! I've got to pay more attention to all the paper floating around in my DVDs. I watched Cinderella, but don't rememeber looking at anything except the chapter insert.

If those coupons are in my copy....that may be further incentive for me to consider upgrading my Toy Story copy from the Ultimate Toy Box! $3 off thru the end of the year. I bet there'll be some awfully good deals in the weeks before Christmas. Heck, its $16.99 at BestBuy all this week! Bet it'll be even lower though sometime soon somewhere.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I thought there was a rule against discs which have been cropped from their OAR on the round-up list. The OAR of the Dark Shadows series is 1.33:1, and yet MGM in their wisdom have decided to crop (yes, crop) the episodes to 16:9.

We're losing a lot of picture here. This vertical pan and scan is as bad as any horizontal pan and scan that HTF has fought against.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Mike - I called and the woman I spoke to was courteous but but of no help. I mentioned that some people I knew had received the coupon book in their copy of Cinderella and I hadn't. Her first response was "Do you know what store they purchased their copies at? Because some stores have special promotions.". :frowning: This is what I suspected, but why would a certain retailer (or retailers) have these coupons when others don't? The coupons are good anywhere. Anyway, she said she will mail me their current coupons and special offers and "Hopefully they will match up with what you saw".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Patrick: I hope that works out for you. I would suspect what you're looking for may just show up in your mailbox. Here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks