What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/14 (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Don't forget, Best Buy is giving away a free Matrix-related bonus dvd with The Matrix Reloaded. The ad says that the bonus dvd contains '30 minutes of content'.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For some reason I can't find it now, but BestBuy.com had a special preorder page for The Matrix Reloaded up earlier this month. I went there to check what their price was going to be. It advertised the bonus DVD and listed some of its contents.

To mention a few things, it has stuff like "What Is Bullet-Time" and The Second Rennisance Part II -- stuff that the hardcore Matrix fans will probably already have. What Is Bullet-Time is one of the Take the Red Pill easter egg doccumentaries on the original Matrix DVD, and -- obviously -- The Second Rennisance Part II is one of the Animatrix shorts and can be had on that disc. So it might not be worth going out of your way for if you were thinking of making a special trip to BB just for this disc.

I'm probably going to get this via BB anyway and will take the bonus disc, but I'd be very suprised if there's anything on there that I don't have already. I'm hoping for the newly-released full trailer for Revolutions in 16x9 DD5.1, but I seriously doubt it will be there.

aybe it will at least have some nice coupons included with it. Here's hoping for a $5 coupon for so on Enter the Matrix -- that'd make the PC version I need just $10 at BB -- and maybe a coupon for a buck or two off Revisited, since I need that too. A free Revolutions ticket would rock but I don't think that'll be in there. Well, I guess we'll find out Tuesday.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
For me it's going to be.....

Christmas w/The Simpsons
Lipstick
The Matrix Reloaded
Star Trek V: Final Ftr-SE
Transformers S3 Pt1 - Box

....:)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
The only thing for me this week is the two new Strawberry Shortcake DVD's, Berry Merry Christmas and something else (both of which I'm sure will be as annoying as the first two). Our soon-to-be two-year-old daughter loves Strawberry Shortcake, so these will be for her upcoming birthday. K-Mart has them for 9.95, and Meijer has them for 9.99. I'm assuming that Wal-Mart will probably have them for 9.44, since that's their price on the other two. Anyone with little girls into Strawberry Shortcake should also take note of Meijer's big Strawberry Shortcake promotion this week, with tons of Strawberry Shortcake items on sale. We'll be stocking up for Christmas.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Anybody know if Circuit City and/or Best Buy will actually carry Prime Suspect 1 on Tuesday?

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that Weekly Roundup, Dave! :emoji_thumbsup:

The only DVD I plan on getting this week is Matrix Reloaded along with the bonus disc at Best Buy. I'll probably wind up buying the new Mushroomhead album, XIII, from Best Buy too, since it has an exclusive bonus track and some other bonus content.

I still am waiting for my Crest of the Stars Box Set that I ordered from Right Stuf! :angry:

Christopher D

Second Unit
Just in case anyone is considering this, the Carson collection is only $45 online at deep discount DVD.

Cubs! Woo!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe Kmart has "The Matrix Reloaded" for $14.99 also this week (if you can find a WS copy).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I generally don't buy three DVDs each Tuesday, so it's a big week for me: The Matrix Reloaded, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Christmas with the Simpsons.

And maybe that Depeche Mode one if I can find it. I still have 101 on VHS somewhere. :D

As always...

Thanks for the roundup, David! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yep got the Matrix Reloaded on BB.com for $9.99 with that coupon could not select store pickup however, but for that price I can wait for it...

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Great work as always, Dave. Not getting anything on the list this week, though. But always appreciated.
I might not be able to get ahold of the circulars till Tuesday. Anyone know if anyone's advertising the "Moulin Rouge!" 2-disc reissue in their ads? That's the one new title I'm picking up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy:

2 DVDs for $20:
Blow
Blade Runner
Full Metal Jacket
Blade
L.A. Confidential
Clockwork Orange
Heat
American History X
Any Given Sunday
Batman

Buy 2 Quentin Tarantino DVDs below, get Reservoir Dogs for 4.99 instantly
Pulp Fiction: $19.99
Jackie Brown: $19.99
Natural Born Killers: $19.99
True Romance: $19.99
From Dusk Till Dawn Collector's Edition: $14.99

Music DVDs $9.99 each:
All-American Rejects: Live from Oklahoma
Johnny Cash: Behind Prison Walls
Chevelle: Live at the Norva
Def Leppard: Visualize/Video Archive
John Mayer: Any Given Thursday
Jimi Hendrix: Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight

---------------

Circuit City DVD listings:

Save $3 instantly with purchase of Matrix Reloaded DVD and CD soundtrack
The Matrix: $8.99
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: $9.99
2 Fast 2 Furious: $19.99
Daddy Day Care SE: $19.99
Anger Management SE: $19.99

2 DVDs for $20:
The Count of Monte Cristo
Bad Company
Shanghai Noon
O Brother Where Art Thou?
From Dusk Till Dawn: Collector's Series
The Crow: Collector's Series

DVDs $8.99 each:
Rocky
Prizzi's Honor
Romeo is Bleeding
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Producers
The Fog SE

---------

Target:

2 DVDs for $20:
Just Married
Drumline
Brown Sugar
Like Mike
Antwone Fisher
Transporter
Office Space
Sound of Music

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
A heads up on Patrick's post: every time I've gone into Target, they've had a ton of Office Space discs on display, all fullscreen. Be sure to check before you buy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Re-reading through this thread, I can't believe that I forgot to mention in the Roundup that BB has the bonus disc along with Matrix Reloaded. Thanks for the catch!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Where is this $5 dollar coupon for Best Buy? What page does it show up on? I've logged otu and logged back in but I don't see a lin k to it anywhere. Is this just for new customers? Probably pick up Johhny Cash - Behind Prison Walls and Matric Reloaded - Thanks Dave & Patrick!!!! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe Best Buy is also having a sale on HBO sets. Something like $20 off two; $30 off three; $40 off four. Includes "Sopranos," "Sex & the City," "Six Feet Under," "Oz," and "Mr. Show."

I'd like to pick up the two Mr. Show sets. We'll see how mad I still am at Best Buy come the weekend. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks