What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-7-2014 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
They should be price matching it at the end of the day, Nelson. They've lowered the price and their price match guarantee is very good. No need to say anything about it yet.

Amazon hasn't adjusted my price yet; I expect to see the e-mail in the next day or so.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jason,Thanks for the reply. Okay I see what you mean, Amazon has lowered the price. And you expect that you and anyone who purchased the Enterprise S3 blu ray will receive a price adjustment without any effort on our part to ask for it. That sounds great! I'll keep an eye out for an email from Amazon.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nelson Au said:
Damn Jason, I just ordered Star Trek Enterprise S3 from Amazon and the price was $76! I didn't know till I came here today Best Buy is selling it for so much less! Will Amazon match the price if I complain?Always look forward to Neil's reviews too!
They will automatically price match Nelson. No worries.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tino! I've been buying from Amazon for a short while. So this aspect of price adjustments is new to me.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
No probs, Nelson! Their pre-order price guarantee is the lowest price through the entire release day. So that's technically 11:59 pm (end of the day). Like Travis said, it takes a day or two. If you don't see an e-mail with the price match information by Friday, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to contact Amazon. But I highly doubt you're going to have to do a thing.

It's one of the best parts of pre-ordering through Amazon. And, of course, supporting the HTF.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
I never realized that about Amazon. That's cool. Thanks everyone!
Nelson:

Just one of the reasons that Amazon kicks a lot of retail ass with their operation.

Oh yeah and there's the inventory, pricing, QUICK delivery, etc.

Definitely a force to be with which to be reckoned.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ironically, Mike, my last 2 Amazon shipments didn't fall into the "quick delivery" category.

The first, made on December 26, was supposed to arrive before the New Year. It arrived on January 2.

The second, a preorder back in September, was supposed to be here yesterday. It was shipped yesterday...from California...and it'll be here today.

Minor, I know, but still.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
They did miss my order for December 24th! But that was a pretty freak incident. Plus I never expected it to actually arrive on the 24th, so it wasn't an issue. I was surprised they said they gave me that delivery date.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Apparently, something got delivered today. Not sure what it is...could be Enterprise. Could be some birthday presents.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Here's a fun sidebar to all of this:

The package that was supposed to have Enterprise turned out to contain...a power charger. Yes, a power charger. So Amazon is sending a new Enterprise, with expected delivery tomorrow.

If it's not one thing...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jason, the package arrived the other day with Enterprise S3 and the print out still said $76.00 and I have not received an email from Amazon yet for the price matching. :(

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I would go ahead and e-mail them. I did so this morning and got a confirmation of the refund within a half hour. The price match e-mail also went out.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just sent them an email about the price match. I guess they were trying to sneak the higher price past us!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I got an email with confirmation of the refund. I also can see that Amazon raised the price back to $76.49 this morning.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, the lower price was a match for the B/M stores. I figured it was going to change today so I made sure to mention it to you yesterday. :lol: All's well that end's well, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks