What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/25/05 (1 Viewer)

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
Also considering blind buys on AvP and Sky Captain...

YES, you can still exchange your BTTF v1 discs! I just called at the end of last week. They're sending a prepaid envelope for me to send discs 2 & 3, then they exchange for me.

Here's the FAQ with all the call-in info, etc.:

http://www.angelfire.com/film/bttf2/

Enjoy.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
The sale at Best Buy this week is so awesome. I picked up The Best of Tracy Morgan, and maybe more later.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Re:BTTF

That's why so many of us went ahead and bought it on sale at release date and sent them in for exchange. Didn't take long once they started accepting them and didn't cost anything.

It's funny that people are just now picking it up at the same price or more than I paid online and still have to worry if it's the corrected version.

I only thought people would have to wait a year or so to get the V2's in the stores. They must have pressed a bunch of them. No sense recalling what you can sell at full price!:) It was certainly well worth the effort of the exchange to have it 2 years earlier. I've gotten a good bit of use out of the set already, especially the original.

I'm just glad we have places like the HTF and The Digital Bits to tell us about these exchanges the studios keep secret. I was thinking about picking it up at BB for my parents when it was on sale for Christmas, but I couldn't tell from the box if it was the corrected version. No "v2" on the box anywher, if it is supposed to appear there. I know it's on thd discs themselves.

If I pick up Sky Captain, it will be pre-viewed for under $10. I can't recommend it as a blind buy to those on the fence. You might really like it, or you might think it's incredibly dumb and uninvolving. I'm somewhere in between.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For those interested, I will be posting reviews of Bunny Lake Is Missing and Soap Season 3 tonight. I may also post a few words about Married With Children Season 3 if I have time.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well this week look better following the disappointing Aladdin two pack (that were barebone). I will pick up Superman volume 1, and if I have enough money Batman volume 2. If not, then I can hold off on it for a while. Thanks for the mailbag Mike.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

That what I did (Back when it first came out) and they must have been swamped with returns (or just disorganized) and I ended up getting two sets of V2s.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not to be a creep but I would HIGHLY suggest that anyone thinking about blind buying Alien Vs Predator to rent it before buying it.

That's just one man's opinion and I'm sure you could find a ton of people that loved the movie :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Boy, I'm outta the loop, I didn't even know a SE of October Sky was being released!

Sky Captain will be a blind buy.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sky Captain is not a good blind buy. I liked it, but a lot of people hated it and I can understand why -- it's cleverly made and fun, but flawed. Opinions are really sharply divided on it. It's definitely worth watching, but you may feel mad if you buy it and then don't enjoy it.

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
AVP for me, recommended as a blind buy.
I would NOT recommend Sky Captain as a blind buy. I hated the film when I caught it at the theater.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I am not buying Sky Captain completely blind, meaning that I have read several reviews and have a good idea on what to expect...which is great visuals with a somewhat lacking story.

Besides, I still have a couple Best Buy Gift Cards from Xmas! :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The first 3 are blind buys and TR was decent enough to warrent the $7.50.

AvP
Sky Cap
Windtalkers
Tomb Raider

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The Warner Gangsters Box is $40.99 at Costco. Costco also had two packs of Shaun of the Dead and the unrated Dawn of the Dead for $16.99. There were other two packs as well, but that was the only one that was of interest to me.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I've liked the rest of Anderson's schlock, so I ought to get a kick out of it. I never did get around to seeing Event Horizon though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gah! My local Wal-Mart only offers Sky Captain in F/S. Oh well, no sale for me there (the price was $14.97, which was pretty low).

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Picked-up the following at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA):

Alien Vs. Predator (WS) $14.87 (Plenty of WS copies in stock)
First Daughter $15.87 (FYI - Includes both WS & FS)
Predator 2: SE $12.23 (FYI - Roundup labeled "CE" & packaging labeled "SE")
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow $16.87

SCATWOT had a sticker noting:

BONUS DISC
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT
WAL:star:MART
INCLUDES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FEATURETTE

I have not watched the Bonus DVD - it is labeled at 12 minutes with "Anatomy of a Virtual Scene Plus 3 Theatrical Trailers". The Bonus Disc is in a paper sleeve inside the case / shrinkwrap.

Tan Hoang

Auditioning
Windtalkers sucks.... I was intrigued by the trailer, which is reminiscent of Lawrence of Arabia.... but John Woo proves that every movie he's done after Face/Off is crap

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks