What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/20 (Dave's Vacation - Week #3) (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Circuitcity.com price on Open Range now up to $19.99. Looks like an error. Well done to those who got in!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hmmm...that's odd. I can, however, confirm the $16.99 price at the Crossgates FYE here in Albany, as I bought it there for that price.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Both FYE stores I visited had a stack of the sale flyers right as you enter the store. The flyer I have in my grubby little paws lists locations in MA, NH, NY, CT & PA on the back. Wish I could be more helpful.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I stopped by FYE again today to check out the sale (I work in the same mall as FYE, so it's not out of the way at all). Interestingly, the A.I.'s there all had a sale sticker of $14.99 except one, which had a $9.99 sticker. $9.99 is the advertised price for it in the flyer. I didn't ask the cashier to check the price on it, but I'm thinking that even if an item in the flyer doesn't have a price sticker on it or an incorrect sale sticker, it may still ring up the sale price. The Shawn Michaels DVD, which is supposedly on sale for $16.99 didn't have a sale sticker on it at all. But obviously YMMV and since the sale ends tomorrow anyways, this is pretty much a moot argument, I'm sure.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: I know this has been brought up a million times before...but we're gonna have to start wearing HTF lapel pins or baseball hats or something. I KNOW we've probably been in the DVD sections of BestBuy or FYE at the same time and just didn't know it. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There was a suggestion once that upon entering Best Buy or other large electronics/video store, HTF members should loudly announce:

Yo Yo Yo!!! HTF in 'da hizzouse y'all!!

but it never seemed to catch on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hell, if any HTF member is ever in a Memphis store that sells DVDs, particularly in the south part of town, just ask any salesperson if David Lambert is present in the store at the moment. Half of them will look at you like you're nuts. The other half will cheerfully point me out if I'm there. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, there's that and the fact that your Weekly RoundUp mug shot is posted in the back room at every BestBuy on the Atlantic seaboard along with pix of Malcolm and I.... :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Don't I know it. I work there, so if you ever go there and see someone wearing a nametag that says "Scott," that's me. On the weekends, literally at least half of our business is from movie candy. :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I am so much in favor of doing this, of course the nearest Best Buy is like 3 hours away from me, and given that most of my DVD buying is done at a B&M where I'm on a first name basis with the owner he'd probably admonish me for disturbing his customers or something.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
One note, not every Wal-Mart is selling Open Range at the 15 dollar price. I just went to my local one and the are selling it for 19.99. I will have to check out another store to see if I can find it lower.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, every Wal-Mart store sets their own independent prices. Even stores in the same metropolitan area will have different prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks