What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-20-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Michael. That seems kinda steep, don'tcha think?!? What all is in the CE that has you paying such a premium price anyway? Target's got that beat by a lot.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

Mike, another Cuse alum here. "The Express" was very good. Not great, but good. Having grown up with Ernie's story, I was hoping it would be in the "best sports move ever" type of category. I was a little disappointed that it didn't meet those lofty expectations, but it was still an under-rated movie. It's a shame it did so poorly at the box office, I think it definitely deserved better (and "Paul Blart made twice as much in one weekend...what a world). I'm just happy that Ernie's story was finally told on screen. It's amazing to me that it took this long. A truly tragic story, but Ernie still inspires me to this day and lives on in Syracuse and in his hometown of Elmira.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Sweet - Amazon is currently matching BB's price for Iron Man on Blu-ray (16.99). And as always, thanks for the round-up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's great, Tom. It's a must-see for me. I attended SU from '77 to '81. That means I had the unique opportunity to be on-campus (right across Irving Avenue, actually) from Archbold Stadium and the construction of the Carrier Dome. I got to see football games in both facilities during my four years there. Honestly, I much preferred Archbold. There's something fun about being in college and sitting on those concrete "shelf" seats in a blizzard watching a football game! :emoji_thumbsup:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Well how about WalMart online, then? Not the local stores, but the price that net users can buy from the site. I imagine most people on a forum like this tend to shop online a lot (I know I do). You'd have to call it something like "Walmart Online" for people to understand.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll Wait till I can get better prices on Emergency and Rockford Files, which the latter I believe was only half a season and it's still going for around what I paid for the other sets, if Universal had included the 6 or so telefilms I maybe would of Bit.

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Hey, Mike: That Amazon price on the CE release is the list price, since Amazon will reduce the price if it is less at time of release. So, I usually never worry about pre-orders with them since it usually winds up less. This time, since it is listed as NLA, who knows what they'll charge me - but I think I'll get shafted this time will full price... :frowning:

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Just one: Emergency season 5 came home today. Then it had to go back for a price-match: Best Buy's website called out $27.99 (thus bettering what was known Sunday morning when the price grid was posted on page 1 of this thread), but their instore price was $34.99... and that's what it rang up when my wife bought it this morning. We went back together, they refunded the difference (to a gift card, it was bought with a gift card)... but their policy was "it's up to you {the consumer} to know and ask for a price match." So: heads up for a good price - but you have to know the rules ahead of time.

Oh yeah - an Elmira (NY) native here who has yet to see "The Express."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some quick facts from a quick trip to my local mall tonight...

NO copies of King Kong on BD at either my local Best Buy or FYE. :thumbsdown: The blue shirt @ BB said they got three(!) of them in today and must have sold out already. Advertised prominently in their flyer, amazon's #1 release of the week and my local Best Buy got three copies in-store on release day.

Sidebar: I told the clerk, as he was looking it up in his computer, that today was the release date for King Kong and he "corrected" me that today was the release date for Max Payne! :laugh: Un-be-leeeev-uh-ble. :rolleyes

Also, FYE (TransWorld) had copies of The Express for $12.99 (SD-DVD after MIR) and $20.99 (Blu-ray after MIR).

I went to BB to take advantage of their sale, this week, on Turbo Tax & Quicken. I used Gift cards to purchase them. That should not be allowed. Gift cards should only be able to be used for "fun" purchases!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks