Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jason_V

before buying Fiefly for $29.99,
check Wal-Mart, my Wal-mart is selling it for $19.86
and has been for a couple of weeks. That is where I got my copy of Firefly

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Haven't had an opportunity to do this for awhile.

Here's some prices I saw at my local BJs Wholesale Club today:

Back to the Future Trilogy $17.99
Twilight Zone: S4 $59.99
Wizard of Oz 3-disc $34.99
Wizard of Oz 2-disc $18.99
Transporter 2 $18.99
Two pack of Transporter 1 (SE) & 2 $25.99 (I knew that deal would pop up somewhere!)
Ferris Bueller $12.99
Sam Peckinpah Collection $39.99
StarGates Seasons 1-7 $29.99 apiece
StarGate Season 8 $39.99
Looney Tunes Gold Coll. Vol. 3 $44.99
Harold Lloyd Comedy Coll. $62.99
Hitchcock Masterpiece Coll. $79.99
Thin Man Coll. $39.99

Most every other regular recent high-profile release was priced at their regular $18.99. They also still had a bunch of those WB SEs for $11.99 (Giant, My Fair Lady, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, etc.).

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Has anyone confirmed if Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is P&S? All the sites say so, but DVD Empire hasn't scanned the back cover into their system yet.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It looks like the Lord of the Rings extended editions are having some sort of price war. Several online stores are selling them for under $25. Amazon has them for $19 each and they qualify for free shipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I had the opportunity to stop in to my local Best Buy last night and they had stacks of them set out on their tables. it looked like they had been doing a brisk business. For some reason, LotR: TTT was sold out while there were still stacks of FotR and RotK.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I decided to buy from Amazon. $1 cheaper, no sales tax, free shipping.

Wonder why the good deals on this now?

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
MTM Season 3
Two For The Money
Lord Of War 2 Disc Special Edition

I had great expectations The Man would be better received by the critics than it was ...guess I'll rent it.

The Wal-mart on FM 1960 West near T.C. Jester Houston, TX had Lord Of War 2 Disc Special Edition for $14.99! Must've been a mistake.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Didn't make it to Best Buy tonight (freezing rain!). I probably won't get there until Thursday, now. With the luck I have been having with showing up a couple of days after Tuesday lately... Well, I hope they still have some MTM season 3 left!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Watch out, Ric! I've been openly ridiculed for letting a little bad weather stand between me and DVDs (even nasty northeast winter weather)! :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's a 1-disc edition (and a UMD edition, I believe). I assume it's the same as the movie disc from the original 2-disc edition, but I don't know for sure. Check the specs on Amazon or somewhere.

If you like the movie, I would stick with the 2-disc set. It's got a lot of cool features. (My review of it is in the DVD Review Archive folder if you're interested.)

Joey^T

Grip
Junebug, althoug listed at Bestbuy.com for $16.99, is actually tagged with a $14.99 price tag in their flyer. Has anyone gotten this movie at bestbuy?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Hey its bad enough I'm being ridiculed for being a fan of the Mary Tyler Moore Show! These Gen Y's I work with just don't get it!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
People in my generation are idiots, I'll admit. I don't know anybody my age who loves classic TV, especially gems like The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Unappreciative punks! :angry: (Not you, Elijah!) :D

Let 'em have their Underworld Apocalypse Evil Dead movies. I'm quite content sitting at home watching season 1 of Leave It To Beaver! :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm so old, I can remember seeing a commercial for this show before its first season and thinking it must be a show about an Native American. Who else would be called Beaver?:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks