What's new

Weekly OAR vs MAR Sales - Week Of 11/17/03 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We can be thankful that OAR sales of DVDs had another good week

#1 was "The Two Towers" Extended Edition. Oddly enough, Video Business' chart lists "The Two Towers" EE Full Screen at number 12. Am I missing something here?

#2 Was "Finding Nemo"

#3 was "Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life" WS while P&S is 13

#4 Was "T3" WS while P&S is 15

#5 Was "Santa Clause 2" WS while P&S is 10 (Remember, this is a "Family" film)

#6 Was "Matrix Reloaded" WS. P&S did not make the top 20

#7 was "Lion King"

#8 was "Indiana Jones" (Video Business does not say what version it is, but I am assuming WS. If anyone else has numbers from somewhere else, please post)

#9 was "Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas" (Video Business does not indicate which version, I'm guessing it is a merged total. If anyone has that info, please post)

#11 was "The West Wing" Season One

#14 was "Once Upon a Time in the West"

#16 was "Legally Blonde 2" (OAR only Release)

#17 was "Hulk" WS. P&S did not make top 20

#18, 19 and 20 were "Winged Migration" "Dumb and Dumberer" and "National Lampoon's X-Mas Vacation" Good to see that Warner's OAR re-release is selling healthily. Maybe they will do more OAR re-releases of their "Flat Comedies" in the future

The stats are available at

Video Business They are also tracked at Widescreen Advocate

Once again, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the remainder of the Holiday Season

Lev-S

Second Unit
Both 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'Bad Boys II' will be OAR only releases and will probably sell quite well (especially 'Pirates' because it is a "family film").

Closer we near the end of the madness.:D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah and it's especially sweet that "Pirates" is a Disney release. Disney is actually becoming an OAR champion. Never thought I'd see the day. Also, is "Bad Boys" a Touchtone release, also owned by Disney as well

Lev-S

Second Unit
That is weird though because 'Bad Boys II' is being released under Sony/Columbia, not Buena Vista or Touchstone... Is this a new leaf for Sony too???

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
No. Bad Boys II was always a Columbia Tri-Star/Sony release. Same as the first movie back in 1995.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I wondered this too. It seems last year they were showing FOTR EE fullscreen on the charts as well, although I never saw such a version available. I just looked it up on Amazon and only found the WS listed.:confused:

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
There never was/is FS versions of FOTR:EE and TTT:EE.

Even the VHS versions are widescreen only.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I'm loving these rankings. Slowly but surely the masses are accepting widescreen. I'm even surprised PoTC and BB2 are widescreen only. A step in the right direction considering pretty much every new major release has a foolscreen version as well.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I fired off an email to Cheryl Biggs at VB about this phantom P&S edition of Two Towers EE, and here is the reply I received today:

Thanks for your watchful eye and the head's up on the error. It was an error, plain and simple, and will be corrected this week.
I just hope the damage can be contained :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks