We Were Soldiers HD-DVD OOP???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by EnricoE, Nov 10, 2006.

1. EnricoE

EnricoE Supporting Actor

a few days ago i wanted to order we were soldiers and amazon doesn't have it anymore. well, you can order it but they don't give a date when they get a nw shipment. also deepdiscountdvd doesn't even have this film listed.

now i wonder if paramount pulled the disc from the shelfs which i hope they didn't. anyone knows something about the situation?

2. ppltd

ppltd Producer

I just ordered the HD from DVD Empire yesterday. They have it in stock.

3. AaronSCH

AaronSCH Second Unit

My guess is that the initial production of HD DVD and Blu-ray software is limited. A number of titles may get hard-to-find as the holiday season progresses. The initial production runs are probably based on projected hardware sales. Retailers may have a hard time replenishing their stock.

4. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    For some very, very odd reason Amazon never got some of those early Paramount titles like We Were Soldiers and The Italian Job. I really can't complain though as using the 10% off and free 2 day prime shipping, amazon ordering has been great.

That said, I really wanted those movies and finally broke down and ordered through buy.com. I used the Google Checkout feature which gives you $10 off a $30 order. Total for BOTH dvds shipped was $31.78. Not bad at all! [​IMG]

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    They got them because I received both titles as preorders from them. However, that doesn't mean that they've kept them in-stock.

Crawdaddy

6. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover

I stand corrected [​IMG]...each time I tried to order these from amazon they always kept saying, "this title has not yet been released..." I think I sent about 3 different emails periodically to them and each time the same canned answer. They do show Blu Ray version of The Italian Job though.

7. EnricoE

EnricoE Supporting Actor

i tried to order from buy.com using google checkout and guess what, it didn't work. reason: germany isn't listed as a selectable country [​IMG]