WE NEED MORE B-MOVIES ON DVD!!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Sep 7, 2008.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

We desperately need more 60's teenage b-movie schlock released on DVD! When are we ever gonna see the following films legitimately put out?!?!?

It's A Bikini World
    A Swingin' Summer
    Wild On The Beach
    One Way Machine
    Wild, Wild Winter
    Winter A Go Go
    Out Of Sight
    C'mon, Let's Live A Little
    Get Yourself A College Girl
    It's Trad, Dad!
    I Was A Teenage Werewolf
    I Was A Teenage Frankenstein
    The Ghost Goes Gear
    Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush
    Riot On sunset Strip
    Untamed Youth
    The Cool Ones
    Sorority Girl
    Riot In Juvenile Prison
    The Glory Stompers

And how's about a proper re-release of the now out-of-print 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine' paired with the yet unreleased 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs' as a double feature while we're at it??

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Also, MGM really needs to do an AIP box set similar to last year's Roger Corman Collection with HELL'S BELLES, PSYCH-OUT, RIOT ON SUNSET STRIP and WILD IN THE STREETS! Or at least pair them up as double-features and reissue them!

3. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

HELLS ANGELS ON WHEELS, is out on Image DVD,

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks, I edited the first post.

A lot of lesser cult films made it out onto disc via specialty labels like Image and Something Weird or else were handled in R2 (Gonks Go Beat, Pop Gear, Up The Junction, etc) but a lot of the better American films listed above are deserving of the Midnite Movie treatment!

5. JeffMc

JeffMc Supporting Actor

jeffmc
    Also, THE GHOST GOES GEAR was officially released by Anchor Bay. It's OOP now, but it is still pretty easy to find cheap.

6. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Mario I love your list and would love to see those on dvd! I miss the days when MGM released all sorts of cult movies as Midnite movies, not just the horror & sci-fi. Here's some more we need from various studios:

Mary Jane
    The Love-Ins
    The Hard Ride
    Skidoo
    The Naked Angels
    The Savage Seven
    The Hallucination Generation
    The Devil's Angels
    The Young Runaways
    The Wild Racers
    The Peace Killers
    Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
    The Dirt Gang

7. BethHarrison

BethHarrison Second Unit

Would love to see Warners do another couple of volumes of Cult Camp Classics!

8. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Cinematographer

Alan
    I remember the B films in the late 50's & 60's in England. We used to go into the cinema half way though the B film, watch the main feature & then the B film up to where we came in, & then go!

It would be great if studios sold a whole program package of a B film, adverts, trailers, & main feature.

9. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

And it's a nice looking transfer as I recall.

10. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

Some studios do have that. The Grindhouse program (b y Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino) did the same thing. Unfortunately, the entire three-hour thing has yet to be released worldwide, apart from Japan (they have a pricey six-disc box out, if you're interested). Also, Warner Bros. does have a special 'Warner Night At The Movies' feature, that has some cartoons, some trailers and a newsreel prior to the main feature. I believe 20th Century Fox also has something similar.
    Unfortunately nobody puts B-pictures with their main features, but perhaps that could still happen. It would make more sense than releasing them individually, because less people are interested in B-movies. You kill two birds with one stone.

11. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

As for this notorious stinker, I finally got the chance to catch a screening on TCM this past year (recorded off Tivo) and now I finally understand why it's never shown! I honestly have no desire to ever see this film again. It's truly as awful and deserving of it's reputation and it's no wonder Preminger was so embarrassed by it!

12. Rob Brown

Rob Brown Agent

As a matter of fact, Oldies.com lists three of the four movies you listed above currently in stock, Marco. They have:

THE WILD ANGELS/HELL'S BELLES - $11.95
    WILD IN THE STREETS/GAS-S-S-S-S-S-S - $12.74

and, most unbelievably of all,

PSYCH-OUT/THE TRIP - $6.95

I tried ordering this last double-feature twice this year from Oldies.com (both times it was sold out), but the third time's the charm, and now I've finally got it in my grubby paws.

They've also replenished their stock of a great many of the Midnite Movies releases, including (all for $6.95 each):

THE COMEDY OF TERRORS/THE RAVEN
    PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES
    THE ANGRY RED PLANET
    TOMB OF LIGEIA/EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE
    THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU
    DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI MACHINE

You may want to leap on any of these that you need, as they seem to have plenty right now, and you certainly can't beat the price.