What's new

WE NEED MORE B-MOVIES ON DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
We desperately need more 60's teenage b-movie schlock released on DVD! When are we ever gonna see the following films legitimately put out?!?!?

It's A Bikini World
A Swingin' Summer
Wild On The Beach
One Way Machine
Wild, Wild Winter
Winter A Go Go
Out Of Sight
C'mon, Let's Live A Little
Get Yourself A College Girl
It's Trad, Dad!
I Was A Teenage Werewolf
I Was A Teenage Frankenstein
The Ghost Goes Gear
Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush
Riot On sunset Strip
Untamed Youth
The Cool Ones
Sorority Girl
Riot In Juvenile Prison
The Glory Stompers

And how's about a proper re-release of the now out-of-print 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine' paired with the yet unreleased 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs' as a double feature while we're at it??

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Also, MGM really needs to do an AIP box set similar to last year's Roger Corman Collection with HELL'S BELLES, PSYCH-OUT, RIOT ON SUNSET STRIP and WILD IN THE STREETS! Or at least pair them up as double-features and reissue them!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I edited the first post.

A lot of lesser cult films made it out onto disc via specialty labels like Image and Something Weird or else were handled in R2 (Gonks Go Beat, Pop Gear, Up The Junction, etc) but a lot of the better American films listed above are deserving of the Midnite Movie treatment!

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Also, THE GHOST GOES GEAR was officially released by Anchor Bay. It's OOP now, but it is still pretty easy to find cheap.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Mario I love your list and would love to see those on dvd! I miss the days when MGM released all sorts of cult movies as Midnite movies, not just the horror & sci-fi. Here's some more we need from various studios:

Mary Jane
The Love-Ins
The Hard Ride
Skidoo
The Naked Angels
The Savage Seven
The Hallucination Generation
The Devil's Angels
The Young Runaways
The Wild Racers
The Peace Killers
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
The Dirt Gang

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Would love to see Warners do another couple of volumes of Cult Camp Classics!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I remember the B films in the late 50's & 60's in England. We used to go into the cinema half way though the B film, watch the main feature & then the B film up to where we came in, & then go!

It would be great if studios sold a whole program package of a B film, adverts, trailers, & main feature.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Some studios do have that. The Grindhouse program (b y Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino) did the same thing. Unfortunately, the entire three-hour thing has yet to be released worldwide, apart from Japan (they have a pricey six-disc box out, if you're interested). Also, Warner Bros. does have a special 'Warner Night At The Movies' feature, that has some cartoons, some trailers and a newsreel prior to the main feature. I believe 20th Century Fox also has something similar.
Unfortunately nobody puts B-pictures with their main features, but perhaps that could still happen. It would make more sense than releasing them individually, because less people are interested in B-movies. You kill two birds with one stone.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

As for this notorious stinker, I finally got the chance to catch a screening on TCM this past year (recorded off Tivo) and now I finally understand why it's never shown! I honestly have no desire to ever see this film again. It's truly as awful and deserving of it's reputation and it's no wonder Preminger was so embarrassed by it!

Rob Brown

Agent

As a matter of fact, Oldies.com lists three of the four movies you listed above currently in stock, Marco. They have:

THE WILD ANGELS/HELL'S BELLES - $11.95
WILD IN THE STREETS/GAS-S-S-S-S-S-S - $12.74

and, most unbelievably of all,

PSYCH-OUT/THE TRIP - $6.95

I tried ordering this last double-feature twice this year from Oldies.com (both times it was sold out), but the third time's the charm, and now I've finally got it in my grubby paws.

They've also replenished their stock of a great many of the Midnite Movies releases, including (all for $6.95 each):

THE COMEDY OF TERRORS/THE RAVEN
PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES
THE ANGRY RED PLANET
TOMB OF LIGEIA/EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE
THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU
DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI MACHINE

You may want to leap on any of these that you need, as they seem to have plenty right now, and you certainly can't beat the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks