What's new

WDT Wave 3 delayed until May (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Ken,

If you read the article carefully, Jim never says that because there are three different explanations that it strengthens his information. He just mentions the three explanations as being odd and then goes on to give out the information that has been given to him. It's your choice whether to believe it or not, but Jim has rarely been wrong about things.

Anyhoo, the plot thickens in today's posting.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/main/index.htm

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
If you read the article carefully, Jim never says that because there are three different explanations that it strengthens his information. He just mentions the three explanations as being odd and then goes on to give out the information that has been given to him. It's your choice whether to believe it or not, but Jim has rarely been wrong about things.
He clearly implies that because Disney has offered "three explanations," it is trying to cover up what he says is the "real reason": Roy Disney.

I have no doubt that Hill will end up being right. But it strikes me as an effect of the delay, not a cause.

One thing is for sure: Hill definitely is right about the suddenness of the delay. When I asked Leonard Maltin to confirm the delay for an article, he hadn't been aware of it until my inquiry, and then he made a few calls. He's the producer of the DVD, and no one had told him yet.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Since Mr. Maltin's comments really do concern me, I'm going to spend the upcoming weekend trying to get some sort of definitive answer about the whole "Disney Treasures" situation. Try to find out -- once and for -- whether Roy's resignation really did factor into Disney's decision to push back the sales of these highly anticipated DVDs 'til May of 2004.
Well, good luck to him. Randy, as a journalist, can appreciate just how hard this is going to be. I can at least pull confessions out of public companies because it affects the jobs of real citizens, but the people working on this project probably have a NDA and there is no way the Disney PR machine is going to crack.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
You're not kidding about sudden, and a definite PR disconnect. Wal-Mart nationally (here) advertised these discs as available Dec. 2, just a few days before that...being a major Disney vendor, you'd think they'd get pretty up-to-date info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks