What's new

WB's THE ELIZABETH TAYLOR & RICHARD BURTON FILM COLLECTION December 5th, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

I know, maybe I wasn't clear. I'm saying that the WB could produce their own documentary and improve on that one. The Great Romances doc was only a half hour, and featured great rare footage, but washed out clips from their films. After the Garbo and Davis documentaries the WB has done, they could have done a really great one on Taylor and Burton. There's a million of them on Dame Elizabeth, but there is only that one on the Burtons, which could have been much better.

Andy

Corey

Screenwriter
they should be maximizing the fact that liz is still alive. they should get her for interviews and commentaries for all of the movies they plan to release. they should've done that for june allyson and hopefully they already did so for the esther williams set.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I thought you all would want to know that the artwork has been added for the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton Film Collection: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ollection.html The set itself looks stunning, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the cover for "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" I wish they would have used the original poster, which was so iconic and suited the mood of the film. Just a minor quibble, and overall, it looks like quite a classy set! December 5th can't come soon enough for me!

Andy

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui

Elizabeth Taylor looks gorgeous on the cover. Warners have done the same thing that they did on the Paul Newman Collection - emphasised, Liz's famous violet eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks