What's new

WB short lived shows the Archives might consider? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys: Playing a memory recall game again. What are some short-lived properties that the WB Archives should consider putting on their release program? We know they've released the: The Yellow Rose Girl From UNCLE Man From Atlantis They are considering: Wizards and Warriors The Lieutenant I would hope they might consider: Young Maverick Bret Maverick Probe/Search Just the Ten of Us Su Superboy(seasons 2-4) Others? James

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
James, they're also working to resolve music clearances for Then Came Bronson.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm still hoping that they will release some of the last 50s early sixties detective shows .Like 77 Sunset Strip,Hawaiian Eye,Surfside Six and so on .

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Ray, they mentioned it on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago, in response to someone's question.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Ahem. . . . Do you think Young Maverick, might be in their radar? Only eight episodes or less. It's on my "nag" list James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
borisfw said:
I'm still hoping that they will release some of the last 50s early sixties detective shows .Like 77 Sunset Strip,Hawaiian Eye,Surfside Six and so on .
I have to think there are music issues abounding on those shows. Thankfully, with Good Life having run good portions of those series as well as all of the film that's been available on them for years, most of those series aren't that rare.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
JamesSmith said:
Ahem. . . . Do you think Young Maverick, might be in their radar? Only eight episodes or less. It's on my "nag" list James
I wouldn't mind getting a chance to pick up the one unaired episode.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Since The Walton's such a worldwide hit for Warner, how about Ralph Waite's crime drama series The Mississippi (1982-84)? Should secure healthy interest from Waltons fans too. It's Warner Television, also saying Columbia/CBS as distributor so I'm not sure who actually owns it, but I'm guessing it could be a Warner title. If so, it's a good suggestion for archive availability or DVD release. Plus, Harry O of course is a given archive choice from me and many others, standard DVD would be preferable but either way we'll take it.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
One show that's definitely on my 'wanted list' is the 1965-66 NBC sitcom Hank. This had Dick Kallman faking his way into college to support himself and his orphaned younger sister. What really makes it interesting is that it was one of the first sitcoms filmed in color (and I think the first color one at Warner Bros.), and rare among TV shows of that era, was actually allowed to film a concluding episode wrapping up its storyline. I wonder if the folks at the Archive are even aware of this show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_%281965_TV_series%29 http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/42301/cat/1737

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
YOUNG MAVERICK and BRET MAVERICK would be fantastic!! I guess if I can't get the original series from WA, I would gladly accept these two spin offs.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Charles Ellis said:
One show that's definitely on my 'wanted list' is the 1965-66 NBC sitcom Hank. This had Dick Kallman faking his way into college to support himself and his orphaned younger sister. What really makes it interesting is that it was one of the first sitcoms filmed in color (and I think the first color one at Warner Bros.), and rare among TV shows of that era, was actually allowed to film a concluding episode wrapping up its storyline. I wonder if the folks at the Archive are even aware of this show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_%281965_TV_series%29 http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/42301/cat/1737
That would be very high on my list as well but I highly doubt anyone at Warner would even know what it is. Very, very rare show. In all my years I've only come across 3 episodes.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Banyon From the early 70's, a 30's-era private eye series starring Robert Forster. A QM production in association with WB. Only ran half a season.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
QM "in association with Warner Brothers" means that show is part of the QM library controlled by CBS/Paramount, not Warner Brothers. "Streets Of San Francisco" was also in association with Warner Brothers.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
David_B_K said:
Banyon From the early 70's, a 30's-era private eye series starring Robert Forster. A QM production in association with WB. Only ran half a season.
That sounds like The Manhunter, not Banyon.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Regulus said:
That sounds like The Manhunter, not Banyon.
There were several attempts at 30s private eyes in the 70s. Banyon was the coolest IMO because Forster was slick and he drove a beautiful Packard. There was also City of Angels with Wayne Rogers, which was also good. My first post contains a link to the Wiki entry on Banyon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks