WB- Please STOP using cheap glue on the security seals!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Darren Gross, May 25, 2006.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

Love the HD-DVD titles I've seen so far but half of them have security seals with such cheap lousy adhesive that the gummy residence is near impossible to remove from the case once the sticker is gone.

Some of the security stickers are fine but about half I've bought so far have been stricken with these horrible glunky glue patches.

Please fix this!

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I've gotten this on regular DVDs from other studios as well. There's some that I've had for months that still have gunk on them, some even stick to the case that's next to them on the shelf!

And all studios, PLEASE stop this silliness with putting cardboard slipcovers OUTSIDE the shrinkwrap! I don't buy used DVDs because I want all my stuff in perfect condition, and doing this defeats that purpose. Most stores stick their price tags on them, so I get most titles that come this way through mail-order. I'm tempted at this point to just start boycotting all releases that come this way though! And why is it that inserts inside the case are such a bother to print that many discs now come with nothing inside, but these slipcovers AREN'T too big an expense?