What's new

WB Farewell broadcast - Anyone tuning in? (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that Sunday night, from 5PM onward, The WB signs off by broadcasting the pilots of four signature series:

5PM: FELICITY

6PM: ANGEL

7PM: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (Two-Part episode)

9PM: DAWSON'S CREEK

Old promos, and supposedly new retrospective interviews, will be included during commerial breaks for those shows as the Frog Network prepares to say goodbye.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I'm tuning in for Angel and Buffy (even though I have both series complete DVD sets).

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Make that +2.

Seeing those old promos during 'City Of'...watching a show on DVD causes you to lose that sense of anticipation.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I haven't watched a Buffy episode in almost a year.(i sold my sets) Definitely will watch this.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I will be watching.... possibly all 4... but at the very least Buffy and Angel. (I never seen a single episode of Felicity or Dawson's Creek.) I didn't realize they are doing the old promos and new interviews. Looking forward to it.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
WHAT A RIPOFF.

The only WB I can get - Buffalo's former WB49, now a MyTV channel, is airing the shows, but NO PROMOS or anything else.

What a waste.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'd guess it's all the former WB channels that are now MyNetworkTV channels - blocking out the WB stuff with regular commercials, but not the end credits. Since those are now owned by Fox, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Either way it's a letdown.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
It was good to see the episodes that started it all. I was hoping for more than just the shows like perhaps someone talking about the WB/History, but other than a montage of the actors, there was no real fanfair.

+3 for Buffy and Angel (but they broadcast Angel before Buffy?!?)

Duane R

Second Unit
I read in the paper that they wanted Buffy to run during primetime (for whatever reason), hence Angel airing first. After watching those shows over the air, my resentment of Angel getting axed resurfaced...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I find it funny that they pretty much dumped on 3 of these shows...

For Buffy they dropped it when they didn't want to spend the fee to produced further seasons, which allowed UPN to pick it up.

ANGEL was dropped despite having year to year increases in key demographics... it was 2nd only to SMALLVILLE (the 5th season) in either adults or males 18-49. Total viewers wasn't the highest ever... but still... WB was all about demos.
ANGEL also got about the same ratings for all 5 seasons... airing Tuesdays for 2 years, then Mondays, then Sundays, then finally Wednesdays.... In spite all of this, they canned it when they knew they'd have to raise the budget the next season. At least the MOUNTAIN ended up bombing horribly.

Felicity was moved to Sundays in its second season... and when ratings dropped they blamed Keri Russell for cutting her hair... That show was also cut after 4 seasons.

I just think it's funny that the shows they consider their "signature" shows from the past are mostly ones that didn't get the best treatment. Then again, on network television... what shows really ever ARE given good treatment?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Amen. Damn, I miss it. I'm going to have to go back through all of my DVDs. What a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks