What's new

Wayward DVD Player (rant) (1 Viewer)

Denward

Supporting Actor
I've been tracking the DVD player I ordered from Amazon. It came from their Campbellsville, KY warehouse about 100 miles south of Louisville. It went to Lexington, Ky which is about 60 miles east. Now the UPS website says it's on its way to Parsippany, NJ!!
angry.gif

Just had to get that off my chest.
[Edited last by Denward on October 02, 2001 at 11:59 AM]

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Weird isn't it? I can pick it up for you as I'm not far from Parsippany... :) My DVD player is kind of old now (Panny A-120) I've had stuff go from Colorado to a bunch of intermediary towns to Parsippany (yea!) only to find out it's going to Philadelphia even though Parsippany is the UPS router for my area... Package still arrived that day though...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed
[Edited last by Jay H on October 02, 2001 at 11:12 AM]

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
rolleyes.gif
God love UPS. I've had packages shipped via UPS which started out in Missouri, and traveled all the way up to Michigan before returning to the south for an Arkansas delivery. Their shipping system makes no sense whatsoever.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
[RANT]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE UPS.
when I buy online it oes fedex, or USPS. UPS only? I don't buy.
[/rant]
ups used to offer such reliable service too, it's sad.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Let me say this .... I've had many packages sent to me via UPS, not a SINGLE one of them were trouble free.
90% of the time, my tracking number would be magically changed in mid-shippment, causing UPS to loose track of the package.
I had one packages that ended up being delivered to someone in Ohio. How the hell do they mistake Ohio for Thornhill, Ontario Canada??? It's not even the same Country!!!!!
Another time I shipped a package to someone using UPS (they wanted to use their UPS account) and the package was delivered BACK TO ME!!!!!! Yep, the next day it was back on my door step. When I called UPS to explain this, they said it was 'driver error'. Ummm, ya ... sure.
I never ship with UPS by choice. They are only used when forced upon me. You have to admit, they are good for a laugh sometimes. Did I mention they shipped a package to Ohio, USA rather than Ontario, Canada? :)

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
Between ordering dvd's, computer parts for my business, and stuff off of eBay, I've probably had several hundred packages shipped over the past few years and I've never had a problem with a single one of them. They've been delivered to my office, apartment, and now my house. I don't recall ever having a tracking number change mid-shipment, but I may have missed something like that. I do know that their routes are a bit weird, but I don't even recall having a package show up late, so I guess they work. Maybe I'm just lucky.
biggrin.gif

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
UPS has hosed their fair share of my packages, from damge to delivering to the wrong house.
just last month I had a package sent to my new address, NONO! UPS decided to CROSS OUT THZE CORRECT ADDRESS and DELIVER IT TO MY OLD HOUSE. Call UPS about it? OH YEAH we'll run a trace on that and get back to you, that was 3 weeks ago. I've had drivers leave packages on complete stranger's porches, luckily a lot of places put your phone # on the address label
[Edited last by Philip_G on October 03, 2001 at 11:27 AM]

Denward

Supporting Actor
The saga continues...
There's no new tracking info on the package. It was last seen on 10/1 at 5:20 pm leaving Lexington on its way to Parsippany. UPS website still says it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
frown.gif

[Edited last by Denward on October 03, 2001 at 11:20 AM]

Denward

Supporting Actor
quote: Oct 08, 2001 05:32:00 PM LOUISVILLE-EAST KY US DELIVERY
Oct 08, 2001 05:00:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US OUT FOR DELIVERY
Oct 05, 2001 11:15:00 PM LOUISVILLE KY US ARRIVAL SCAN
Oct 05, 2001 09:37:00 PM LEXINGTON KY US DEPARTURE SCAN
Oct 05, 2001 12:28:10 PM LEXINGTON KY US LOCATION SCAN
Oct 03, 2001 02:44:00 PM PARSIPPANY NJ US UNLOAD SCAN
Oct 03, 2001 12:41:00 PM PARSIPPANY NJ US ARRIVAL SCAN
Oct 01, 2001 05:19:00 PM LEXINGTON KY US DEPARTURE SCAN
Oct 01, 2001 11:50:51 AM LEXINGTON KY US ORIGIN SCAN
Sep 28, 2001 07:03:02 PM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Sep 28, 2001 01:47:45 PM CAMPBELLSVILLE KY US SHIPPED
[/quote]Hooray. My wife says the package arrived. What a long, strange trip it's been.
[Edited last by Denward on October 08, 2001 at 08:36 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks