International WAY WE WERE/ OLIVER! / GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER?/ TOOTSIE BDs 7.99 Euros

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ken Koc, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

I just ordered OLIVER! /WAY WE WERE/ CHINA SYNDROME Blu Rays for 7.99 euros each at Amazon.it The is much cheaper than the Amazon.de price of 13 euros. 81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg 81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg The covers for OLIVER and WAY WE WERE are nicer.
    I already have GWCTD? and TOOTSIE. They look and sound great and have all the features from previous DVD editions.
    It's flabbergasting to me that these wonderful films are available at a low cost without "limited editions". For us in the US we wait for 5 months a pay a premium price for a limited edition, why?
    Twilight Time is terrific and I love their releases but I don't understand why Sony ( which I believe is behind this decision) seems to be price gauging the US public.

2. Robin9

Robin9 Cinematographer

Robin
    We don't know that Sony is "price gauging the US public." For all we know, Sony may be offering these titles to European companies at the same price they are to Twilight Time. Twilight Time have their titles for only three years so they have to make their money back more quickly. That might explain the difference.

3. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Screenwriter

Glen
    For just one title, once you figure in the shipping from Italy to the US, it's still cheaper to order it from Germany. 14,66 Euros for OLIVER from Germany as opposed to 17,03 from Italy.

4. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Yes you're correct. I work for the airlines and get the Blu Ray on layovers....and was not thinking about the shipping charges.

5. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

OLIVER looks terrible!! What a disappointment !

6. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    Boy, maybe I'm missing something because I've just watched my German OLIVER! BD and it looks fantastic to me through my set up, Oppo to a Samsung LED HDTV. Or perhaps I'm just using the Universal abortion of SPARTACUS to gauge REALLY dreadful unwatchable transfers.

7. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Will be spinning my newly arrived German Tootsie and The China Syndrome blus this weekend! :rock: :banana: