Waxworks anyone???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serega_M, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Serega_M

Serega_M Agent

Hi, people
    I don't know to which studio belongs the rights to this B cult classic, but it would be REALLY cool if this movie will see the light of the day on DVD. As far as I know - there is only LD (which is OOP) but no DVD. So - anyone? [​IMG]

2. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

I've never seen it, but I'm a big horror buff, so I'd definitely give it a try. Count me in on this one.

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I love Waxwork! It would be great to have this on dvd, bring it on! Besides, ANYTHING with Michelle Johnson in it is o.k. in my book! [​IMG]
    Wes, you dissapoint me bud, I can't believe you of all people havn't seen Waxwork! It's a classic.
    Serega_M. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
    ------------------
    So madly in love with Estella Warren!

4. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Everyone who has read my posts should realize that I am a complete horror fanatic and Waxwork is a favorite of mine! I would definitely love to see it get released as an SE! The sequel would make a great DVD as well.

5. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

6. Serega_M

Serega_M Agent

Heh [​IMG]
    First of all - thanks John for your welcome, I am a big fan of horror and cult cinema and it is just sad to see that A LOT of really cult gems are still not on DVD media ;( But with such heroes as Anchor Bay, Synapse Films, Barrel Entertainment and some more we can have a hope - right? [​IMG] But actually - nobody have answered on my question - which studio holds the rights to this film presently? As far as I know - the original studio which produced the film went bankrupt some time ago and the rights were spreaded across some studios/studio. So - the question is - who is the owner of the movie NOW? [​IMG] Hope somebody will answer [​IMG]
    P.S. The sequel is not so good as the original movie - but also not so bad (Bruce Campbell rocks there!) - could be cool to see it on DVD also, just to complete the series [​IMG]

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Oh.....and here I thought this was a plea for Paul Leni's silent masterpiece Waxworks. [​IMG] Well, that's the one I want.
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."