What's new

Waterworld: Extended Edition - 11/04 (1 Viewer)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
sweet. this is the first DVD I've been excited about in years. all that I've been buying have been BDs. I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD.

do you think this cut could be any different that the TV version (aside from violence/nudity edits)? Or is the runtime of 2hrs 57min about right?

Mike

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator
But will it be the Dr's cut that ABC showed on tv several years ago.For that was the only time I now of it on tv.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Just my luck... I recently acquired the "Ulysses Cut" and watched it Monday during the holiday. The very next day the studio announces an official release of the extended cut after MANY years of waiting. Guess I can't complain too much, but I really hope it's a widescreen transfer and not a full screen "TV cut" with all the violence/profanity from the theatrical version cut out.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I enjoy Waterworld for what it is - a fun popcorn flick. Its too bad most people dismiss it as hokey. I happen to be fascinated by global warming and its effects on our planet. The idea that water might one day cover most of the Earth is very scary. I wish there were more underwater scenes. I wonder if this version will include any cut sequences featuring more action underwater. I caught the tv version and this thing was really cut to ribbons. Most of the cuts were just tightened scenes but the alternate ending is definitely better and improves an already great flick. Cant wait to get this.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I know what you're saying, but water already covers most of Earth...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks