What's new

Watermarking photos - brave new world. (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Cees!

Originally Posted by Sam Posten

Link it! ;)

You mean the photo that they watermarked on top of my photo? Okay...

http://marvel.com/images/gallery/gallery/108/marvel_cosplay_costuming/image/872762

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
To be honest I've never thought about the issue one way or the other, but Thomas Hawk's strong feelings on the subject makes me wonder why more photographers don't emulate what's done in the art world? In other words, put an actual stylistic signature on the image rather than the name and copyright notice.

We've come to expect some kind of artist signature on a painting or drawing they've done. Why not a photograph?

But the way I read Hawk's rant also suggests he hates the signatures on a Monet or Picasso. So then what makes a photograph so damn special that it needs to be devoid of such identifying marks?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have a hard time signing my artwork. I still haven't settled on a "signature", as I don't like my personal signature (a scrawl only pharmacists can read), and still play around with other forms of "signatures/identifying graphic".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks