What's new

Watched VHS last night with PL2 sound . . . (1 Viewer)

Thomas B

Agent
I haven't watched a VHS tape since I bought my Sony DVD player almost 2 years ago. Howvever, I do have a collection of VHS tapes, so I wanted to check out the sound of Dolby ProLogic 2 on my new Onkyo 595 receiver. My family and I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night, and the sound was impressive . . . better than old ProLogic, but, of course, not up to DD. Some dialog occassionally bled to the left front channel, but the surround effects were an improvement over old PL1. Anyway, the most obvious aspect that hit me while watching Raiders was how POOR the picture quality really is compared to DVD! Prior to getting my DVD player, I thought the picture quality on my Panasonic VHS and my Mitsubishi TV was pretty good. Man, was I wrong! My wife commented on the difference, as well. DVD has definitely spoiled me. (And when will Raiders FINALLY be released on DVD?!?!? I can't wait for that one!)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Possibly 2002 for the DVD.
I can't stand seeing that favorite movie of mine in Pan and Scan (crap vision) let alone VHS. I don't know how you sat through it. You're a braver man than me.
biggrin.gif

Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
If it was only in widescreen on VHS, I'd wait until the studio came to its senses (or I'd start a campaign to get them to stop smoking the stuff that's making their brains turn to mush). Or, I'd be searching high and low for the widescreen laserdiscs.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks