What's new

Washed out pic on my DLP... need help (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I have a mitsubishi dlp wd-57332 TV.

recently i noticed that the picture is so washed out i dont even like watching it. Everything has slight halos around it. The blacks seem grey because they are being washed out from the whites around them. No matter what i do with the brightness and contrast nothing helps. Basically everthing has a glow to it.

What is the problem with it. Its not even 2years old.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm certainly not an authority on this, but maybe the bulb needs replacing?
I'm thinking if the bulb is losing it's brightness, it would give a washed out look. There are others here that are more capable to answer this though. Maybe one of them will chime in soon............
Good luck!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you need to clean it.
The front screen can come off. Then dust down the mirror and the lense. I am not sure if this model has 2 sets of mirrors or not....if so...then also dust down the 2nd mirror (which faces up and catches a huge amount of dust.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I agree with the cleaning and I also suspect you need to recalibrate badly. If you are not comfortable doing yourself it is well worth the $$$ to have it professionally done. The difference even on a brand new display is amazing.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Ill email you about the cleaning or MITS.

How much do you think it would cost to have this paid to be done?

things are tough right now

troy evans

Screenwriter
Simply using it does. Considering the amount of money you pay for these tvs a calibration and yearly maintenance is well worth it. Like with a car, regularly changing the oil and yearly maintenance at the dealer/mechanic helps through it's life. The same can be said for calibration of tvs. And yes, I know it's cheaper to change oil in a car than pay for a proffessional calibration. I'm just sayin'.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
All displays need calibration to perform accurately. They are originally setup to be sold on a show room floor, not be be accurate / colorful / not hard on the eyes in a living room / theater environment.

The Mits dlp displays (historically) are very poorly sealed and let in a lot of dust, hence the need for regular (at least annual) cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks