Warranty dilemma- do I take another Vizio TV or cash for something else?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jesse Skeen, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Long story short is my Vizio TV's been having problems, company's service has been awful so the warranty people are offering me a reconditioned Vizio with 3D (passive) which would be a step up from what I have now, or cash to get something else, but not as much as I originally paid for the TV so I'd have to pony up a few hundred more bucks to get another brand. I have about 24 hours to decide so just want to ask what YOU would do?

2. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    I would take the reconditioned Vizio.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    run away from Vizio.
    You bought shit at a walmart bargain price. Good thing you got a good extended warranty.
    Take the money and buy a good product (from a good / established company).

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Count me in with Gregg on this one. When I was seeking out a t.v. repair man to fix my t.v., the one thing they all said in common was that these newer and cheaper models are made to last for about 5 years and the components are set up so that it requires a tech to replace an entire board to fix the issue. Take the money and run, get a Panasonic or Sony. You may need to add a little more, but it will be worth it.

5. VivienLeigh

VivienLeigh Auditioning

How you can convert SWF to FLV
    This is actually the prevalent problem lots of people encounter. Because the question pointed out above, you will find many online SWF to FLV ripper tools, however the online SWF to FLV ripper tools is not so stable, the disposable SWF to FLV conversion program obtain a quality loss too.
    Thus a great SWF to FLV ripper tools is the greatest choice. Higosoft SWF to FLV Converter is specifically designed to help individuals convert SWF to FLV. With obvious and user-friendly interface, SWF to FLV ripper tools causes it to be simple to use. SWF ripper tools to FLV guarantees the very best output video quality and fast encoding speed.
    3 advice on the SWF Video Ripper tools that you should keep close track of
    Tips 1: This SWF to Video Ripper tools enables you to definitely play Expensive video and Expensive games, record the process of methods you play a SWF game, after which convert it to video for uploading to YouTube, Face book, Bebo, etc for discussing.
    Tips 2: You are able to import SWF to Home windows Movie Maker and several portable products like The new sony Las vegas, iTunes, QuickTime, PPT, The new sony Las vegas, Premiere Professional, Consequences, ipod device, apple iphone, iPad, Rim, Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Universe S II, HTC, Nokia, etc with SWF files Ripper tools.
    Tips 3: You are able to personalize SWF files for example add watermark towards the output video, crop the image frame to get rid of undesirable areas and adjust parameters for example Encoder, Resolution, Frame Rate, Bit Rate, Sample Rate, etc.
    SWF to FLV ripper tools is a great option to ripper tools SWF to FLV with excellent output video quality inside a couple of minutes, simple to use, obvious software interface, it's worth you to definitely own one.
    Original from: SWF to FLV
    Original from:
    SWF Converter
    converting swf to m4v
    converting swf to mkv
    converting swf to avi
    converting swf to mov
    converting swf to mpeg
    converting swf to wmv
    converting SWF to MP4

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I took the money, will hopefully be getting a 60-inch Sharp 3D model tomorrow. Vizio's service and handling of this whole problem (a number of their TVs had their frame rates messed up after the last firmware update, I've seen other complaints about it on other forums but Vizio refuses to admit this is a problem) has me disgusted with their company and I likely won't buy any more of their stuff.
    Choosing the Sharp because it has active 3D and is PAL-compatible. Was considering a Sony but it's a few hundred more for 5 inches LESS, and heard of too many problems with them- in fact at one store the model I was considering had a black line down the screen, and at another store their display model was dead on arrival! I can change out boards if I have to, in fact I'm probably going to order a new video board for the Vizio and see if it fixes the problem so I can sell it with a clearer conscience- the company isn't taking it back. (Not getting a Panasonic because their stuff isn't PAL-compatible!)