What's new

Warranty dilemma- do I take another Vizio TV or cash for something else? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Long story short is my Vizio TV's been having problems, company's service has been awful so the warranty people are offering me a reconditioned Vizio with 3D (passive) which would be a step up from what I have now, or cash to get something else, but not as much as I originally paid for the TV so I'd have to pony up a few hundred more bucks to get another brand. I have about 24 hours to decide so just want to ask what YOU would do?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
run away from Vizio.
You bought shit at a walmart bargain price. Good thing you got a good extended warranty.
Take the money and buy a good product (from a good / established company).

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Count me in with Gregg on this one. When I was seeking out a t.v. repair man to fix my t.v., the one thing they all said in common was that these newer and cheaper models are made to last for about 5 years and the components are set up so that it requires a tech to replace an entire board to fix the issue. Take the money and run, get a Panasonic or Sony. You may need to add a little more, but it will be worth it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I took the money, will hopefully be getting a 60-inch Sharp 3D model tomorrow. Vizio's service and handling of this whole problem (a number of their TVs had their frame rates messed up after the last firmware update, I've seen other complaints about it on other forums but Vizio refuses to admit this is a problem) has me disgusted with their company and I likely won't buy any more of their stuff.
Choosing the Sharp because it has active 3D and is PAL-compatible. Was considering a Sony but it's a few hundred more for 5 inches LESS, and heard of too many problems with them- in fact at one store the model I was considering had a black line down the screen, and at another store their display model was dead on arrival! I can change out boards if I have to, in fact I'm probably going to order a new video board for the Vizio and see if it fixes the problem so I can sell it with a clearer conscience- the company isn't taking it back. (Not getting a Panasonic because their stuff isn't PAL-compatible!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks