What's new

Warning: PSP may cause temporary loss of vision (1 Viewer)

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
My wife and I usually reserve Sundays to crash. She wanted to take a nap and I was not tired so I decided to play Lumines on my PSP. The time was about 4:00 and it was moderately dark in the room. I quit playing at 5:30 and got up to go to my office and read my email. Before I left the bedroom I turned to look at the time on my wife's clock and noticed it was blurry. I started to stare at it and I could not focus. I went into my office and notice that the icons on my computer were blurry. I have perfect vision, I do not use glasses or contacts and I feel if tested my eyesight would measure better than 20/20. All of a sudden my vision was slightly blurred and I started freaking out. By 6:30 and having my eyes shut for a while my vision has returned to normal. I wanted to share this so that you and your kids can beware and not permanently lose your vision. I am going to have a carrot now.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Yep, that'll happen when you concentrate on something like Lumines for that long. My eyes are blurry right now from playing it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You can get the same effect from reading a book or looking at a computer monitor so long as you don't move too long. It's the eyes trying to adjust for the most efficient way to look at whatever you're looking at...they just stay adjusted to the PSP screen's distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks