Warner's super sub-culture collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by paul_goz, Mar 1, 2005.

1. paul_goz

paul_goz Agent

To the executives of Warner Studios,

Please consider producing a SE DVD of the Cammell Roeg film Performance. An un-cut, un-dubbed 2 hr version of the directors cut can still be possible as long as Nic Roeg is still alive.

How about a super sub-culture collection?

Performance
    The Devils
    Zabriskie point
    The Illustrated Man
    Lisztomania

2. Buck Nas

Buck Nas Auditioning

I cannot agree more. An uncountable amount of people have been awaiting this title for the longest time, Films like "Performance" are the reason DVD was invented. This movie is the sole reason I joined this board. As you can see, this is my first post.

BN

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Thank God that's not true.

4. george kaplan

Mr. Nas,

I do not understand why my expressing gratitude that there are thousands of films on dvd instead of only Performance, should illicit such an inappropriate response from you.

I would ask for an apology, but I doubt if such a behavior is within your power to perform.

5. paul_goz

paul_goz Agent

Mr.Kaplan,

Yes, you are right, DVD is much better suited for classics such as "Buddy, Buddy" so we can know how many hemmoroids jack lemmon had during filming.

*snide comment removed*

P.S. Don't you realize that George Kaplan is the fictional agent created by the CIA in North by Northwest?

*Nasty personal attack removed*

6. george kaplan

Mr. Goz,

Why the personal attack?

7. paul_goz

paul_goz Agent

Sorry,

While typing I thought it was tongue in cheek, but upon reading it, you're right and I'm sorry I wrote it.

You have great taste in films, but draw a rather hard line when it comes to non-linear narrative films.

8. george kaplan

Paul,

Films like Performance are not my cup of tea, but I'm happy that they get released for those who do like them. I'm more happy that lots of other types of films (which I do enjoy more) are also on dvd.

I'm not sure if that's the distinction or not. I think it has more to do with a certain type of character portrayal and certain type of plot, rather than non-linearity. For example, I love Memento, Sorry Wrong Number and Rashomon, all of which have some sort of non-linear narrative.

But my opinions about films (positive or negative) are just that - my opinions, not right or wrong, but as valid as anyone else's. [​IMG]