What's new

Warner's "Bonus Episode" Bonanza (1 Viewer)

BenjaminX

Grip
Here's my assumption for the drama sets' bonus discs.

West Wing Season 4

China Beach
Third Watch

ER Season 3

I'll Fly Away
Sisters

Gilmore Girls Season 3

Cold Case
Jack & Bobby

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Wow, another fan. I want this one.

I think the matches for the most part are understandable, I think Perfect Strangers falls well in line with Night Court due to certain elements of comedy present, I find both series routed in comedies from ther 30's and 20's. Family sitcoms on Full House makes since too but It should be a Growing Pains Season 1 box set with a bonus Full House, not the other way round. The Murphy Brown match up, My Sister Sam was a CBS Monday show too, and Room For Two stars Patricia Heaton of the CBS Monday series Everybody Loves Raymond. Fresh Prince's bonus episodes feature some teenager oriented programs, I always liken Uncle Phil with Carl Winslow in the heavy of a physical comedy team but I do think Growing Pains would have been better suited with Fresh Prince and Head of ther Class with the high quality of teenage acting and Family Matters should have been with Full House and Step By Step to cement their TGIF era. My only major question is why include Whose Line Is It Anyway anyway.

Anyway though, I was getting Night Court in the first place but if there was a doubt, which there was not, it is would be squashed by this Perfect Strangers news. Head of the Class may push me to get Fresh Prince but despite my love for My Sister Sam and Growing Pains, I do not think they will sway me.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I love Step By Step and Growing Pains but hate Full House with a passion. They should include a mail-order offer in all of these DVDs that allows you to purchase the other discs.

CynthiaH

Agent
Does anyone know if these bonus discs will be available outside the US? I noticed in the fine print on the rebate form (also connected with the 50th Anniversary stuff) that it is only available in the US. Whether that means there is a seperate form for other countries, I don't know. I hope so. I've bought a couple sets from Columbia Tristar and I think Universal that had rebates that were available in both Canada and the US-hopefully this one is too, particularly because it's so broad.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I really wish that "Perfect Strangers" was coming to dvd, it was the last tv show I watched regularly on any of the big networks that was actually fun to watch!

I also think it was one of the last true family shows ever made.

That's why I collect tv on dvd, not special effects but comfort from the shows that actually make you feel good.:)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
There's a Canadian promotion with a Canadian redemption form (and a contest that's only open to Canadians), so it's not just a US-only thing.

Yes, the "Whose Line" episode is on two discs. Something tells me they ran into problems with an episode that was supposed to be included and had to include an episode twice. I can't imagine it's easy for them to clear all this material for a bonus disc (they'd probably still have to pay licensing fees for the material).

Gord

Did Warner ever release more of these bonus DVDs? I remember it was reported that they would include 15 bonus DVDs in total, but I haven't heard anything after this first wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks