What's new

Warner's BD-Live offers downloading alternative to streaming video (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Popped in "The Dark Knight" tonight to see if any new extra content had been added, and there's a new bonus:

Turns out Warner has added a "WB Media Manager" feature, which allows the user to download the videos to the player's hard drive (if applicable, of course) in addition to simply streaming the video. This might be an alternative created because of the constant buffering problems with the streaming.

I downloaded the three behind-the-scenes featurettes (two on the score, the other on the sounds of the BatPod) and they play without being a small window on the screen like before. They now fill it like a regular video would.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This is certainly welcome news! I hate the way BD-Live was implemented on Warner discs prior to this. I always felt like I was watching a poor quality, stuttering YouTube video in a small window on a HD display. I reached the point where I no longer accessed BD-Live content at all on Warner discs. Thanks for the "heads-up." I'll have to check it out.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about stand-alone players, but the PS3 stores the downloaded content in its BD Data Utility, under "Shared Cache Data".

You can't do anything with it other than find out the file information or delete it, just like other downloadable content from Sony's BD-Live or others.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Nicholas,

I haven't seen the "Media Manager" option in the TDK BD-live menu. Can you more specifically describe where it is/how to use it?

EDIT: I just reloaded the disc, and it's now there!

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Ah, good. Hopefully they've managed to fix their stuff so that I can actually register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks