What's new

Warner's 200 new classic films for 2007 (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
John

I guess some people have different interpretations of what New titles means in that column...for me it would include films such as:

Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Whose life is it Anyway
Prince of the City
Straight Time
Yakuza, The
Crossing Delancey
Ginger & Fred
Performance...etc, etc

I guess I looked at what Bernie quoted differently than most others. If Warner releases 200 titles this year that were made before 1960, then I will be overjoyed. If so, then they might be releasing over 300 new titles this year!!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Another thought would be to add the films that have a very strong possibility of showing up (Maybe put them in a different color) The Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland box was coming, but we are unsure of the content, however you can be about 90% sure that it will include most of these:
Mickey & Judy Flicks
Babes in Arms
Strike Up the Band
Babes on Broadway
Words and Music
Girl Crazy

Possible Andy Hardy Flicks
Love Finds Andy Hardy (Already on DVD!)
Andy Hardy Meets Debutante
Life Begins for Andy Hardy

Hopefully, we'll see a full set of Andy Hardy movies as well as a separate Mickey Rooney signature set.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Where are
"PARRISH"
"ROME ADVENTURE"
"THE DARK AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS"
"HOUSE OF WOMEN"

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Warner Home Video tends to divide things in terms of new theatrical titles and catalog titles. Even "Alexander Revisited" was handled by their catalog division since the film was two years old and previously released (albeit in different forms).

Regards,

I don't think that one number Judy & Mickey did in "Words And Music" would qualify for it being released in this set - I assume that Warners might want to save WAM for maybe a Composer's Collection...but it would be nice if they included "Thoroughbreds Don't Cry" - even as a Special Feature like with "Men Of Boys Town" on the flip side of "Boys Town"

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the list.

This list is sorely lacking in genre/scifi/horror releases.

Bring on Atlantis The Lost Continent and other fun films from yesteryear!

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
The Cowboys is from 1972 and it's not new to DVD. Perfromance was released same year as Trog by the same studio (Warner). The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner is from 1962.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Corey... I see you retracted your reply here but added new entries for MGM Musicals in a different thread. Were you answering to "This Is The Army" musical or know anything about its release?

Corey

Screenwriter

i know nothing about its release. i wrote edit because i had updated the list.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Eric, I'm another one that's waiting for a complete Andy Hardy series set. I asked Barrie M about that a while back and he seemed sure that it would happen, just a matter of time. I also asked him about another long-running series that I'd love to collect, the "Blondie" series with Penny Singleton and Arthur Lake. I don't like to be pessimistic, but I don't see that one coming anytime soon. I asked Barrie if he remembered this series being released on LD back during the format's boom times, but he said that the series hadn't been released on LD. Maybe my memory's going :) I guess since that series is a Columbia series, it's OT for this thread.

The one WB that I'm still waiting for is "Invisible Stripes" (1939) with Bogey and Raft, Jane Bryan. "When?" Barrie also said since we've seen a few released recently...San Quenton, G-Men (finally!), Marked Woman, The Roaring Twenties, High Sierra, To Have & Have Not, etc, we'll get "..Stripes" one of these days.

Corey

Screenwriter

I think we'll get alot of male star sets next year. James Stewat V2, Gable V2, Bogie V3, Edward G. Robinson, John Garfield, Cagney V2.

Corey

Screenwriter
almost to 100 so far, just in pre-1970 films alone. updated the list with the Shakespeare films.

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator
will any allied artists movies from the 50s get released?
any rare 1930s movies you think will come out?

Corey

Screenwriter
btw, i wonder when an american in paris SE and bonnie and clyde SE and deliverance SE are going to be announced. my mouth is salivating over them.

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator
let's hope the ones on your list get released hopefully.
i want all the allied artists movies from the 50s and 60s release everyone in the catalog leave no movie out warner. or don't say no plans it's time before the fans die off. no money can be made if all fans are dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks